Hi everyone.

Ran in to a little snag while flying over the south of England the other night. Did some googling without finding a proper solution, but I'm guessing there's a few here that frequently flies in this part of the world, maybe someone has a solution ready at hand.

The problem as it happened.

I was doing a ferry flight in AH from Exeter to Yeovilton (EGDY). When ATC switched me over to Yeovil tower (122.1) I instantlly got Middle Wallop ATIS in my speakers with the tower pestering me about not responding to his transmission in the short pauses between ATIS repetions..

Same thing happend when leaving Yeovilton and heading back to Alderney. But then I was flying VFR since I expected that problem.

From my googling it seems that Middle Wallop doesn't have a ATIS frequency when opened in airport editing software, so I'm wondering if anyone has a quick fix for this...

Thanks for now.

/Micke

I did a little digging in my FS9 installation. There are two versions of Middle Wallop in mine, the stock one from MSFS but an add-on AFCAD that was (I believe) part of the upgrades with my traffic program (Traffic 2005). The latter is set higher in the Scenery listing and is the one I see.

In the latter, there is listed an ATIS frequency for EGVP on 122.1.

Check your add-on AFCADS for another EGVP. Mine is at...

Program Files -> Microsoft Games -> Flight Simulator 9 -> scenery -> Traffic2005AFD -> scenery -> AF2_EGVP.bgl

John

I'll do some digging once I have some software to dig with installed again.... but from what you pointed out I could always try do disable the TrafficX scenery layers and see if the problem remains and from that also figure out where it originated from.. But that will have to wait until I get some sleep..

I knew I could get some good pointers in here. ;)

Thanks John

Hope you find it. Look for an AFCAD for EGVP and I'm pretty sure you'll find the culprit. That bgl, once you find it, can easily be modified with ADE9X, the FS9/FSX freeware airport editor.

Good luck, and let us know how it works out...

John

Disabling the scenery layer was more thought as a way of identifying the addon causing the problem, and not as a permenent solution to it.

Editing the AFCAD was a fairly easy operation, once I found the reason for the large amount of errors the compiler found... But it's all solved by now, so if anyone else is running TrafficX and having this problem I'd be more than happy to provide the corrected AFCAD.