New AVSIM System

That's a shame. The guys at AVSIM wanted to give us a more up to date site and imo they did a great job. The new site was fresh and very easy to navigate. Ah well the power of the masses I suppose.

It's just great that they managed to get everything back as it was after the attack on their site. Well Done and Great Work AVSIM.

Well, when AVSIM keep getting emails like this - whats the point?

I suppose you had your reasons for completely redoing a very good and well organized site that used to rate in my top 3 flightsim sites. Now you have made it to the bottom of my list.

the point is, acezboy561, that people have to realise that you can only please most people some of the time, and never everyone at the same time.

Personally, i loved :wub: the new layout, search function and overall modern feel of the upgrade, it made my life easier looking for things, and certainly improved on an old and dated system that, and this was clearly proven with the hack all those months ago, simply was not as secure and stable as it could/should have been.

I think it did look quite a bit better - though the old one stretched across my 22" screen and the new one was just a strip down the middle - probably 17" size? I wondered why it looked like that, as it made it look less 'up to date'?

My problem was the opposite of yours - I couldn't find the info I wanted - at least, not without digging around a bit.

However, sending such an e-mail as the one quoted is unhelpful as the guy doesn't seem to have any suggestions or reasoning etc. Probably not got much between the ears...

JD

I agree JD, it would have taken weeks possibly months to set that up and to have someone rubbish it in one sentence is ill thought out and very short-sighted.

They are only trying to make the viewers experience more enjoyable with innovative new ideas. When you get un-grateful mails like that it make you wonder why you bother, it's essentially a free service after all.

Let's hope they get whatever problems they had sorted and the site re-launched as soon as they can.

I expect the shock of the new design threw a lot of people.

I think we had better stick with the new Mutley's layout for a few years now Joe, lest we get any adverse emails :001_th_smiles89:

Regards

Needles

This forum software isn't cheap Brian, I am unlikely to change it for quite a while ;)

Cheers,

Joe