Vector Land Class New Zealand

http://www.vectorlandclass.co.nz/

Introducing Vector Land Class, a high fidelity landclass scenery package developed using innovative geo-spatial processing techniques to deliver breathtaking representations of Aotearoa/New Zealand!

Features:
- "Beaches (Black or tan sand), Mud, Golf courses, mangroves, quarries and landfills, native bush, scattered scrub, thick scrub, Pine forest, Harvested pine forest, Other plantation forest (including major shelter-belts), Rock, Moraine and shingle, Horse tracks, Ice and Snow, Vineyards and Orchards as well as urban and suburban areas all meticulously displayed in FSX."

- "Ocean, Lakes, Ponds, Rivers, Canals, Streams- Being surrounded on all sides by water, the aquatic environment is very important for New Zealanders (both the general public and pilots alike) and so a lot of time was spent upgrading this area- All water features have been upgraded to ensure the greatest accuracy including nearly 3/4s of a million streams and over 15 000 kilometers of coastline. The coastline has been correctly classified depending on the geomorphological environment: Surf beach's will appear sandy and have breaking waves whereas as sheltered inlets will appear calm with narrow beaches."

- "Our lush green native bush is represented by custom ground texture and linked to custom autogen textures.New Zealand's substantial Pinus Radiata plantations are also faithfully recreated at various stages of growth. These are also accurately linked to the underlying Vector Land Class polygons so that freshly harvested stands contrast with mature pine stands just as they do in their real world locations!VLC ground textures also feature innovative LOD Blue-shift post-processing so that the appearance of scattered blue light at large distances is replicated accurately in FSX. As well as custom textures, VLC also tweaks standard textures definitions to better define the urban and suburban regions around the country."

- "Vector Land Class now also includes a custom made 20m mesh created from New Zealand wide coverage of contours and spot heights. This ensures that New Zealand's majestic mountains, deep valleys and rolling hills are portrayed as accurately as possible. Because the VLC Landclass is derived from the same core dataset as the terrain, the 'fit' between the two results in even more stunning representation of New Zealand's unique landscape."

- Also includes a config tool for tweaking, custom buildings, roads, and railways.

- Said to be very FPS friendly.

Screenshots (taken from the website, credit goes to VLC):
VLC1280ss01.jpg

VLC1280ss03.jpg

VLC1280ss02.jpg

More info, screenshots, and also the free demo, is available at their website, linked above.

I nominate this for a Mutley's Hangar Review! Also, somebody please move this to Press Releases. Thanks! :)

I disagree. Orbx is not the be-all-and-end-all of scenery. (I bet if this scenery was in an Orbx box, you'd be all over it...) Yes it will be directly competing with Orbx at some time, months in the future (not till next year for the North Island), but it still deserves the right to stand on its own two feet, and for a while yet at least, it is your only choice for quality NZ scenery.

Of course, many consider Orbx currently to be the gold standard, and there's no doubt they have done much to raise the bar, and any scenery still has to be able to hold its own - that's why we have reviews after all, to see what's good and what's not. But certainly going from the 'buzz on the streets', I would not judge this scenery by its label. Nor its age (Orbx is "older" - it's been out for many more months...)

I have no affiliation with either company, nor do I currently own NZVLC. (but I'd be very interested in reading the review. All I care about is having the best possible scenery; I don't care who makes it).