Short Flight Carlisle (EGNC) to West Freugh (EGOY)

Another series of screenshots set to a little music (Home by Thirteen Senses).

This is my first real attempt at a flight plan using Plan G, it was also my first attempt at flying VOR’s which I’m rather pleased to say was a success. The flight starts at my favourite little airfield Carlisle and takes me into the lowlands of Scotland via Calkin Rig towards the TALLA VOR (pretty much parallel to the A74(M) for the motorists). At the Talla and Megget Reservoirs the flight heads west onto the TURNBERRY VOR over Kirkland Hill and on to the coast. It’s then south down the west coast with some really scenic views to the final destination of West Freugh. I think for the purists there may be a snag here as LUCE BAY is marked “Danger” but my skills don’t stretch that far yet and I was just pleased to set the little F33A Bonanza safely on the ground as dusk descended.

Edit: Extended version

Very nice Sabre, watched it twice already ;) .

I like this idea for doing screenshots, what software are you useing to make it???

Any chance that next time you could extend the viewing time by a couple of seconds for each image, as the time set on the above one was a bit fast to be able to take it all in, Or maybe it's because I'm getting old! and my eyes can't focus fast enough anymore :blink:

Cheer's...Graham...

Very nice Sabre, watched it twice already ;) .

I like this idea for doing screenshots, what software are you useing to make it???

Any chance that next time you could extend the viewing time by a couple of seconds for each image, as the time set on the above one was a bit fast to be able to take it all in, Or maybe it's because I'm getting old! and my eyes can't focus fast enough anymore :blink:

Cheer's...Graham...

Thanks Graham.

Just used Windows Movie Maker. I know what you mean about the timing. I fit the number of shots to the music, so I should have either reduced the number of shots or extended/changed the music.

Cheer's Buddy :)

I'm going to have a go at this, how do you get on with the music? I used to see a lot of videos in the IL2 days that had the music cut out by yourtube because of copyright issues???

Cheer's...Graham...

I've uploaded the extended version of the video, you'll have to excuse the music edit it's not the most subtle :winka:

The music is a bit of a lottery, YouTube are not the best at communicating issues, they always wait until after the event. Stay away from any music where Warners have the rights it will almost certainly get pulled. It's pot luck, this video has a copyright flag but no action needed, they like sending you messages. Also they like waiting until you upload something before telling you it's too long!! There's a 15 minute limit for most users. Be warned though if you start using Fraps you will fill your hard drive in no time and the files will be massive unless they are rendered.

Screenshot videos are far less memory intensive.

Thanks Mate.

Like the extended version as well, how many shot are in there? just wondering as I have about 40 I want to use when I do one like this, think that screen shot videos are the way to go if you have a lot of images you want to show:) .

I can just imagine what Joe would say if I dropped 40 photo-bucket images into one thread :fool: and thats just going to be the start of it! as I have a cunning plan in the making with the little Dornier and a lot of flying ;)

Cheer's...Graham...

I can just imagine what Joe would say if I dropped 40 photo-bucket images into one thread

That wouldn't be the longest post Graham by any means! You have to be careful of posting too many of the same aircraft as they can get a bit boring, however, putting them to music in a video is a different matter :001_th_smiles89: