I bought the L-12 Junior Electra by Golden Age Simulations, and though I'm afraid to say that I don't really like it all that much, it does come with a paintkit of sorts, and the Dutch Air Force had a few of them, so here you go:

FX11554.jpg

FX11553.jpg

I bought the L-12 Junior Electra by Golden Age Simulations, and though I'm afraid to say that I don't really like it all that much, it does come with a paintkit of sorts, and the Dutch Air Force had a few of them, so here you go:

I was considering buying this, what don't you like about it?

Nice paint job anyway, good job. :001_th_smiles89:

mmm, it feels a bit too simple for payware. I'm always looking at the textures of course, and they disappoint a bit here.

Take a look at the VC:

FX11496.jpg

feels a bit like being back in FS9, really.

the exterior is nice, but not much more than that, the bare metal looks like a single slab of aluminium:

FX11498.jpg

and the military version has, apart from the roundels, no markings whatsoever:

FX11500.jpg

which I find a bit odd..

Then are a few little bugs, when landing for instance you get enormous clouds from the wheels, which disappear behind the aircraft when seen from behind:

FX11537.jpg

The paintkit is not much fun either, with quite few bits and pieces that use the same little texture, like all the tubes below the fuselage (see the military version above), and they share the same texture with the landing gear and the prop hub, making it really hard to do anything sensible with them. I don't like that shiny ring behind the engines either, but haven't found it yet...Don't count on a lot of paints from me, probably.

On the plus side, it's a fun little aircraft, the flight model feels good and the sounds are not that bad, and it is not something you come across every day. Worth $25 dollar? Hard to say, if you like the type, then go ahead and buy it, but there are better bargains for that amount I feel.

A few more pics of progress so far:

FX11555.jpg

FX11556.jpg

Thanks so much for the insight, really appreciate it. Not sure it's worth the money from what you've said.

I've been looking at aircraft similar to this, also looked at the Just Flight DC3. Are there any others worth looking at?

Not sure about the JF DC-3, but I never bought it after my previous JF experiences.

Low and slow aircraft?

One model that IS outstanding is the DC-2: http://home.hccnet.nl/r.cappers/dc2/

Brilliant model, tons of repaints and your money goes to keeping the Uiver in the air, what more could you want? OK, it's a bit more expensive, but money well spent! Check the screenshot thread for pictures

Other twins that come to mind are the freeware Goose at OZx, or the Aerosoft Catalina, I like that a lot too.

In single engine the A2A Cub, the Sibwings Saab Safir or Dave Garwoods freeware Auster Autocrat will not disappoint you, I promise.

Then there are the warbirds...

Oh no, you've got Jan Kees going now!!

I totally agree about the UIVER DC2 I prefer it to the JF DC3 and also it is not for profit so funds goes to help the team at Lelystad,

JK, I reckon with one of your repaints you would double the value of the L-12 :icon_thumbup: