Active Scenery

As I'm still a fledgling FSX Pilot I don't have lots of scenery. So far I've concentrated my set up on the UK with the Horizon Scenery plus Treescapes and VFR Airfields. All appear to be working well with the priority setup I have within FSX.

Last night I downloaded and added the ORBX Tasmania free demo so this is now priority 1 but this has me wondering before I start branching out further how much does the priority matter. If I'm flying in the UK which I currently do most of the time should I uncheck other scenery for example in this case Tasmania and/or should I lower the priority or doesn't it matter once it's been loaded?

I've read somewhere that once scenery is installed it gets loaded by FSX anyway, not sure this is correct?

If you 'untick' the scenery item from the list, then it won'get loaded. No need to have UK scenery 'running' in FSX if you're in Oz.

Hope that helps...

Hwyl - Dai. :cool:

Yes that helps :001_th_smiles89:

Hmmmmm and vice versa I presume, so that now begs the question what scenery do I need running when just flying in the UK. I'll have to have a look and see, it seems I have lots of things checked. Do you know if there are some things that must be running by default?

Do you know if there are some things that must be running by default?

Everything from Addon Scenery and lower, i.e the stuff that FSX came with. :001_th_smiles89:

EDIT: if you have FSX Acceleration, for Addon Scenery, read Edwards_AFB and below :winka:

Everything from Addon Scenery and lower, i.e the stuff that FSX came with. :001_th_smiles89:

EDIT: if you have FSX Acceleration, for Addon Scenery, read Edwards_AFB and below :winka:

Where should "Default Scenery" be on the list? Mine is above Edwards for some reason!

Where should "Default Scenery" be on the list? Mine is above Edwards for some reason!

Don't know if this will help you, but I have never moved my "Default Scenery" since I installed FSX.

The install placed it second from the bottom? (I don't know if thats the right place, but everything seem's to be working OK, so I left it there??? )

Cheer's...Graham...

Don't know if this will help you, but I have never moved my "Default Scenery" since I installed FSX.

The install placed it second from the bottom? (I don't know if thats the right place, but everything seem's to be working OK, so I left it there??? )

Cheer's...Graham...

Yeah that helps I seemed to remember it being down there but I can't for the life of me think why it got moved :faint:

Glad that helped you mate :).

I was looking at the ORBX Tasmania free trial the other night, looks very nice and the glider video was stunning, so I'll more than likely give this one a go in the next few day's, and that will probably lead to me getting the full version :rolleyes:

Although I was saving up to get UTX Canada! I got some freeware land class and airports from Flight Ontario that's supposed to be enhanced by UTX, (there's just to much eye candy with this FSX lark, for my wallet to stand :faint: )

Cheer's...Graham...