The Delta Lady rotates!

In commemoration of the unbelievable time, money and effort it has taken to return her to the skies by those at TVOC I took XH558, courtesy of the JF/PSS Vulcan package, out for a brief ride this evening.

Just the one shot, and the only edit is a very tight crop in PhotoShop

vulcantakeoff.png.

Roll on November 11th... the grapevine suggests it'll be her official unveiling following restoration work - but you didnt hear that from me!:mrhappy:

November 11th is Veterans Day here, formerly Armistice day, marking the end of WWI. Not sure if or how it's celebrated there, but probably a very fitting date for the momentous occasion.

Thanks for keeping us up to date on this.

I noticed from the ATWC leg using this AC that being claustrophobic would pretty much be a disqualifying factor for flying it - it's cozy in there.

John

November 11th is Veterans Day here, formerly Armistice day, marking the end of WWI. Not sure if or how it's celebrated there, but probably a very fitting date for the momentous occasion.

Thanks for keeping us up to date on this.

I noticed from the ATWC leg using this AC that being claustrophobic would pretty much be a disqualifying factor for flying it - it's cozy in there.

John

I've had the ultimate pleasure of climbing aboard XM575 and sitting myself in the 1st officers seat as part of my membership with the East Midlands Airport AeroPark Volunteers Association and its most definitely not the place to be sat if you're a tall chap like myself (6'3") let alone claustrophobic.... and to think there was no less than 5 crew in a space no bigger than a very small family hatchback :rockon: - and in that (lack of) space how on earth did they pee!?!?