Hi, I have started to implement topic prefixes, you will see an example of this in the classified forum so the topic can be marked "For sale" / "sold" etc. These are user selectable but are limited to a pre determined list set by me. These can also be limited by forum too to stop misuse.

I don't want to over do it as the forum will end up looking like a sweetie (Candy) shop! I have two global prefixes called "Howto" which puts a purple badge before the topic title (See howto post screenshot post in the MScreenshot forum) and "Solved" which adds a green badge.

If you have any suggestions of prefixes that may be helpful, like "Solved" for example, and whether it should be limited to certain forums then I would be interested to hear from you.

Cheers,

Joe

if you have any suggestions of prefixes that may be helpful, like "Solved" for example, and whether it should be limited to certain forums then I would be interested to hear from you.

how about these Joe...

• Hints & Tips - used when posting of hints/tips/tweaks (may need permissions to lock the post/thread after posting to stop it turning into a discussion?)
  • Review - used for, uh, Reviews...
  • Poll - used for, well what else, a Poll

that's all for now...unless i think of any more

Cheers Simi.

Feed back:

For "Hints and tips" use "Howto"

Reviews have their own forum but a prefix could be could be used if someone posts their own review on something but I have rarely seen that!

"Poll" should already have a prefix as that's standard

Keep 'em coming and thanks for your response.

Unfortunately I cannot choose the text it is always white so the background has to be dark so yellow is a non starter. Deep pink looks ok, it's already been used in the FSX forum.