When it shows up, don't assume your newly arrived AH is the latest version - it may or may not be. As soon as you've loaded it check to see.

Options -> About

You should see AirHauler - Version 1.54 (SP4.1)

If it's anything other than that immediately visit the JF support site and download and install the update.

John

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regarding the autosave, doesn't AirHauler do these for you? I seem to recall that I've seen saved flights with an AH-tag in the filename that I'm sure I didn't create myself. And I don't have a registered version of FSUIPC. I think that Radar Contact does this too...

Could be that software that are licensed to use FSUIPC have access to this feature even if you as a user can't access it manually with the unregistered version.

Not that I'm aware of. I'm pretty sure Autosave has to be invoked by the user. I do know that Slopey had to buy a commercial license of some kind for FSUIPC to cover AirHauler but have never heard that it included the for-pay features for individual users.

As far as I know, Autosave files are not AH specific nor do they mention AH in the file names, at least not in FS9.

John

I'll have to check on my computer when I get home, it could just be my memory, but I'm fairly sure there are some in there....

Either that, or my memory is playing tricks on me ;)

I see the AH program works on both FS9 and FSX, correct?

I asked b/c I recently bought a new computer (a little before Christmas) and it runs FSX pretty well. I had FS9 on this PC and it was doing fine. Well I wanted to try something so I installed FS9 on the new PC too and all my extras (planes, scenery, etc... I have a lot more money invested into FS9 so I didn't just want to kick it to the curb)....well I I loaded FS9 up and all the add-ons over the last few days. I have REX Overddrive and have all the settings turned to the MAX, I have Frame rates set to unlimited and I get a constat 140+

I must say, with everything maxed out and REX Overdrive this FS9 looks better than FSX out of the box. If I turn FSX all the way up (I also have REX 2.0 Overdrive) it will slow down pretty good if I fly in an ORBX scenery, in the low 30s. If I'm not in an Orbx area I get closer to 70+ fps.

I'm just really impressed with how well FS9 looks and performs when it's completely maxed out.

SO......long story short, I purchase AH for FSX, but now that FS9 is working so well, AH will work with FS9 as well right? Is it possible to use it with both? I thought I read somewhere that runs outside of FS so is it possible to use it with both sims? For example, fly sometimes with FS9 and other times with FSX but have the flights/information go to the same AH company?

Also, are their different features for the FS9 vs the FSX editions, or is it the exact same program for both sim editions?

Thank you gents.

Gus

P.S. Just for fun I added the real-world (US airlines and cargo packages) from WOAI. I have my AI traffic set to 40% and took the default C172 from KPHX-KIWA last night on a short VFR flight in FS9, it was really cool to see all those AI planes. I have the AI planes also set to the max resolution and they have amazing detail. When they were on the defualt setting they look boxy, now they are crystal clear and the tires smoke when they land, you see their lights, it's just amazing the detail.

I have the Satiek Cessna Bundle (yoke, pedals, throttle quad, & trim wheel). I feel like a big kid, sitting here smiling as I hold short of 25L at KPHX waiting for the SWA on short final...I find myself sitting here watching all the other planes take-off and land :D

The only thing I WISH I could do now is make my dreamfleet planes work. I really REALLY like flying the Dakota, however it doesn't work with windows 7, 64-bit. I've searched around online and there seems to be some sort of a "fix" but it's just plain silly. They say if you purchase the XP gauges mainly the GNS430 and then edit your .cfg file it may work. The crazy thing is this amazing plane cost $34. The 1 guage is $49. That seems down right nuts to spend $50 on a gauge for a $34 plane and it only MAY work out.

The thing I liked about this dreamfleet dakota is it's one of the only planes I've flown where every single button, knob, switch works or does something. It has zero dummy switches or things just put in place for show. I really mis this plane. :mellow:

AH will work with FS9 as well right?

Right!

Is it possible to use it with both?

Yes, absolutely.

I thought I read somewhere that runs outside of FS so is it possible to use it with both sims?

You're correct - you can use it with either FS9 or FSX or both.

For example, fly sometimes with FS9 and other times with FSX but have the flights/information go to the same AH company?

Well, no - I'm afraid not. Each company must be dedicated to one version or the other of FS and you can't convert from one to the other. The data structures of the AH databases for your companies differ between the two sims and once a company is created it's stuck in that version of the simulator.

You can, however, have a mix of FS9 and FSX companies, as many of each as you can stand. Each one is a separate entity - entirely independant of the others.

John

AH will work with FS9 as well right?

Right!

Is it possible to use it with both?

Yes, absolutely.

I thought I read somewhere that runs outside of FS so is it possible to use it with both sims?

You're correct - you can use it with either FS9 or FSX or both.

For example, fly sometimes with FS9 and other times with FSX but have the flights/information go to the same AH company?

Well, no - I'm afraid not. Each company must be dedicated to one version or the other of FS and you can't convert from one to the other. The data structures of the AH databases for your companies differ between the two sims and once a company is created it's stuck in that version of the simulator.

You can, however, have a mix of FS9 and FSX companies, as many of each as you can stand. Each one is a separate entity - entirely independant of the others.

John

Thank you sir :)

Well USPS tracking said the package was scheduled to be delivered today (Monday). I checked the tracking late last night just double-check,....well it was delivered early on Saturday! :thumbup:

Guess I should check the mail everyday, one of the problems of having a mailbox at the end of the street.

Anyways, have it now and preparing to install.

:D

From the JF/AH thread "What Does it Cost - How Much Does it Carry?"

Aircraft: BushHawk XP (Taildragger)

Publisher/Developer: Aerosoft/Flyways

Sim Version: FSX

AH Purchase Cost: 234,127.00$

Lease Deposit: 29,265.88$

Monthly Lease Payment: 13,007.06$

MTOW: 3400 lbs

Empty Weight: 1975 lbs

Max Fuel: 98.2 USG

Cargo Capacity: 767.06 lbs

John

Where did you get this information? Is it inside AH itself or somewhere else (i.e. website)?

Thank you.

I see that I have enough remaining cash to purchase the Piper J3 Cub.

I picked 1S2 as my base and selected career.

That's funny because I wanted to start with the A2A cub, but when I imported it to AH, it carries about 150 less that the default one :(.

Also if you do start with a cub, make sure you select the option for a lot of short and low weight flights, as one hundred miles in a cub is going to be painfull :stars:

BTW: a lot of very short flights would be a good way to get you reputation up, once you get a rep of 55 or more things really start moving, you can lease stuff and hire new staff :) .

Cheer's and have fun...Graham...

Cudnt think of anything worse that a cub as a work horse! The 182rg by carenado is a popular choice!

My base is darrington too and I have jobs only going to concrete at the moment! Gud for rep tho!

How do I get Concrete to show up? I search for 3W5 but I'm not seeing it. I've imported my scenery.

I have the airport slider set all the way to the left. Is Concrete too large? Should I move the slider to the right?

I have my range set on the AC to 35nm and the slider in AH for distance set about 1/4 the way from the left.

I have the cargo size slider set to the first bar from the left

Also the airport size I set smack bang in the middle

Not sure if any of this will help but there you go - try it and see :)

1st of many questions.

I'm doing the career mode, I don't mind flying the default C172, is there a way to fly it in a different repaint? It selects teh white w/ blue stripes tail reg# G-BAFM. I'd like to use Texture.G1000 if possible.

2nd question how do you add your payware planes? I'd like to either lease the Piper J-3 cub (A2A) or the C182T (Flight 1).

Go to the AH main menue and then select "Fleet".

Then highlight your plane and right click, then select "Paint Job" from the drop down menue (you will have to pay a few bucks to change it).

Don't worry about leasing stuff untill you have 50 reputation points, and a load of spare cash ;) .

cheer's...Graham...

Alright, well when I earn enough cash this is the plane I'm going to fly.

Flight 1 C182T, I found this nice picture of a Cessna 182T online:

CessnaT182TSkylaneN4169W-1.jpg

So I busted out the paint brushes and went to work. What do ya'll think?

N4169WPort.jpg

N4169Wstarboard.jpg

I made sure and updated the ID tag on the panel too :thum:

N4169WIDTag.jpg

Ok, next question. I completed my first job Darrington to 00WA. When I was finished I noticed there was a job, return trip to Darrington. I didn't bid on the job b/c I couldn't fly it last night, now when I go in the job is no longer there. So I find myself flying a positioning flight, which is fine, I don't mind flying.

My question is, I didn't want to bid on the job and then not fly the flight in time and get a bad rep. Do you sometimes just get stuck like this? If I turn up some job creation setting or something like that will there be more jobs? I have a bunch going into and out of Darrington, but 0 from 00WA.