Blame Dodgy-Alan....it's Russian avaition today! SU-100 SSJ

I think I promised to show off a few screens of my other new ride (first was the Dash 8 Q400). This is the Ramzzess payware SU-100 SSJ for X-Plane. It resembles a B737 to my eyes...but the avionics inside are Russian-flavored Airbus complete with sidestick. See what you guys think as I took it for a ride on VATSIM from KLAX-KSEA earlier today.

As a side note I think this particular repaint is slightly flawed but it was a company charter lol. I'll add an Alaska Airlines hi-res skin shot next time.

Where's the flight controls! That funky looking screen on the left controls all sorts of ground stuff, real time fuel/pax/cargo loading, and immersive environmental stuff

Lovely works on the generally fully functional 3D cockpit. Failure potential abounds and is modeled.

A close look at the Airbus AP controls. I'm still getting used to them. One of the neat features is the HP button that performs an automatic 20nm hold using OBS1/OBS2...pretty handy. Also the nosewheel gear does not retract unless the ground-air lock is in the right position after takeoff....otherwise you get alarms and a chiding from the Russian-accented "bitchin betty" system.

Just cranking up at KLAX.

Zooming along at FL340. This bird is fast and cruises at M.78. Fuel efficient too.

Relaxed at cruise. Interestingly...and I need to ask why it works in this fashion....but under M.50 the AP tracks "magenta" precisely....above M.51 the AP basically chooses the most efficient course between waypoints hence the minor deviation from "magenta".

The detail level is excellent....and its a rare airliner that can be easily and realistically flown with a one-man crew (i.e. us simmer types)

On final to KSEA RWY 16C.

On the ground at KSEA. This is Tom Curtis "Boeing Country" payware....I own about everything he has made...no it ain't ORBX but I really like it.

And heading to the ramp

I think this is fully XPX-compliant...but like everything else with the constant updating going on that is subject to change for the time being.

До свидания (Dasvidania)

:D