DC-6B Demo aircraft available

If you've not yet purchased our DC-6B Legends of Flight add-on for FSX, then you may want to give our newly released demo a try, so as you can sample the highly detailed exterior model and interactive 3D virtual cockpit of this aircraft that flew all over the world and opened up air travel on every continent.

The demo allows you to fly the fully-functional aircraft up to a height of 1000ft.

http://www.justfligh...uct.asp?pid=931

can i be a bit critical here ? without causing a storm? the engines start too quickly in reality they would turn many revolutions before slowly catching and running up, the smoke i suppose is an fsx thing so not much can be done with that, it is reasonably effective.

however us fsx nutters have been spoilt in recent times and i find the cockpit detail something that would have been nice a few years ago but comparing it with recent releases not up to the mark similarly the exterior again looks a few years behind the times. i will wait for the recently announced pmdg version.

i do not wish to rubbish somones hard work as there is no doubt a humungous amount of work to create one of these a/c something i could not create in my wildest dreams, it is just my expectations are accustomed to things being a level higher on the reality scale.

Hi Nigel,

No storm from me, but in response to your above post I think for 20 quid for the download version you get very good value for money here. I totally agree that the VC textures have a lot to be desired as most of the Airplane Heaven VC's do but technically, behind the scenes, the aircraft performance is pretty good.

If you were to add AccuSim functionality to get something like the run up in engine revolutions accurate you would double the price, as would adding all the extra polygons and no doubt the PMDG version will retail at $60?.

I think AH are more like the sim factory churning out many titles per year at great value as opposed to PMDG where you are lucky to get one a year!

Cheers,

Joe

Agreed Joe.

Whilst i love the high fidelity stuff that PMDG churn out, we have to wait far too long for it. Developers like AH may not produce most stunning aircraft, but they are a lot of fun to fly and don't hit your FPS as hard as PMDG add-ons do. Horses for courses really, someone with a lower spec PC would get a lot more fun some something like the AH version, using a high fidelity add-on could grind their PC to a halt.

I suppose it's a bit like build a kit (PMDG) compared to getting a RTR (Ready to Run) train, for example. One requires dedication and reading instructions etc. whilst the other looks good and often runs well.

All depends on what you want. Whilst a PMDG/A2A-style Viscount would be stunning, the JF/AH redition is well done, if with a few errors