Couldn't pass up the sale and finally purchased ORBX's PNW. Big surprise for this old cheap son of a gun. Huge download(about 4-5 hours, 4.2gig) plus all the other stuff that goes with it, library and newley released patch along with a few freeware airports. My old laptop feels alot heavier now. Due to not so great computer spec's I do need to run it at half the required settings but still am truley pleased with the way it looks. I never really get good fps's anyway and can at least get around 10-15fps(normally 17-24). They did some job, love the way all the small airports have been worked and now are worth a visit or T&G. It is a real pleasure looking down and seeing a more realistic terrain, I can see why you guys like the addon sceneries. Good thing I don't have the room for too much more or I could see my credit card getting fat.

Thanks to all, for getting me to open up my horizons with FSX and do something different. This will keep me busy for awhile. I had also purchased AH and never got it. Was just going to complain to the store but found out today my wife took it from the mail, to give it to me as an Easter gift. What could I say, she was smiling like she did good. They certainly can be trying at times. :P

LOL :D

A few months back Sabre was twisting my arm to get PNW, so in the end I did get it just to keep him happy ;) after about 3 hours exploring the new scenery, I went back and got NRM and CRM to go with it, LOL :D.

Cheer's...Graham...

I used the plastic to get Australia and most of the other scenery's too never looked back!

Do you have air hauler? That works well with PNW! Gives purpose to your flying too!

Next stop for you is to get some of their airports like Fall City or Darrington Muni or Concrete Muni :)

Just got AH today. Will have to scope out a good base of operations, there is so many to chose from. Thanks for the suggestions guys, I'll probably just use one of the free airports as a base for now. Need to read through some AH forums so I can get a good idea on the best setting's to use before proceeding with the company startup. I think an extention of my air service company that sub contracts to Bluegrass Airlines might be a good idea.

sohighresize.jpg

I think i'm going to get PNW also. But will probably get the DVD version.

I thought about doing that too but balked at the $8-9 shipping fee. It is probably the best thing to do though, always better to have the hard copy.

Hey Brett, you'll have to start your own thread in the air hauler section, come join in the fun :) .

Cheer's...Graham...

Wish I had your guys writing skills for that. I have always enjoyed reading yours and the other Air Humpers exploits. I will be happy to post my progress and maybe it will encourage others to join the fun in the process.

I did read here, that it's not a good idea to play the stock market in AH but I am a sucker for taking chances. If AH imitates real life I will end up losing my shirt(and planes). :(

I did read here, that it's not a good idea to play the stock market in AH but I am a sucker for taking chances. If AH imitates real life I will end up losing my shirt(and planes). :(

I had a little dabble when I first started out with AH, never really had a lot of luck with the stock market and had to sale my shares in the end to pay for a plane that I smashed up "LOL" :D .

Think that you could have some fun if you have millions to play with, but when you just a little man with no money, it's just not worth the time and effort for such small rewards IMO! (just like real life ;) ).

Cheer's...Graham...

Glad more people are hitting air hauler! I have been saving up to buy my DC6 that I have been leasing, so I have over 11 million in the bank!

With that much I have been thinkin about the stocks but never taken the plunge yet :)

I think once I've bought 2 DC6 planes and got a good 1 million buffer in the bank, anything more I might put in some shares hehe!

Brett - do you have the carenado 182rg? It's a gud starter plane if you start career mode then sell the 172 and buy this! You do end up in a bit of debt but few jobs you will be clear :)