SoHigh Air Services "Staying High to Serve You Better"

We're all wondering about the current grounding of SAD. Will it survive, will it bounce back?. gonna take a financial hit trying to rebuild from the ashes . . ^_^

LOL too right - I'm pretty much in the lap of the Win 7 gods assuming I get sorted with the hardware - hopefully the SAD Phoenix will rise from the ashes of the fired motherboard.

Back on topic

I suspect So High can only get "so high" after all - must be a "Limited" Company :D :D :D :D

Feeling alot better and am flying some loads today. Must have been working too hard and needed a bit of rest. Thanks for all the kind comments Cut my R&R short at the clinic resort because the poor guy in the next room was doing alot of whimpering, day and night and it was driving me a little nuts. I will not go into the specifics of his rather delicate problem but let's just say I really did feet sorry for him.

On a side note that is totally not related: A word of advice, if anyone ever offers you a drink called "A Flying Circus Shot", Do not drink it! And for the love of all that is merciful do not agree to have it SuperSized.

I would like offer my office and computer facilities to the CEO of SAD while he works through this horrible setback at his company. Doors always open for you, well not really because of the riff-raff around here but i"ll inform Rufus to let you in. (And yes, one should know their altitude limits flying only So High and not any higher)

All is back to normal here in Concrete and it's time to put my nose to the grindstone and get this company back to what is does best, haul'in cargo and making money.

SAD Press release

"SAD would like to formally record their appreciation of the very kind offer from So High to utilise their facilities. However the CEO of SAD will be politely declining the offer and giving all staff a well earned break. SAD have progressed a long way in a short time and contrary to reports in some quarters does not have any outstanding debt."

Nice update Brett glad you're back hard at work again. :hat:

Company update for SoHigh Air Services

SoHigh Air Services is pleased to announce the opening of a new base in Canada. The new digs are at Nanaimo(CYCD) on Vancouver Island. I have hired a Senior Captain named Lacey Hull, whom I have known intimately closely for many years. She is highly skilled as a pilot and will run the day to day operations. Welcome to our company Lacey, we are proud to have you aboard. We have at this time leased another Beaver for her use, it is a rugged aircraft in perfect condition and with a large cargo capacity. This move will keep overhead down and allow the company to grow untill larger and faster aircraft can be purchased and also get us a foothold into the Canadian market at the same time. Lacey is starting a few jobs today, I wish her a safe trip and remind her that safety is of the upmost importance for this company. Since one of her jobs is a delivery here at our main base around noon time I have planned a nice lunch for her utmost pleasure. ;)

laceyhull.jpg

Lacey Hull/Senior Captain

Brett Sohigh

Owner/Operator SoHigh Air Services

Wikipedia:

Nanaimo (11px-Loudspeaker.svg.png/nəˈnm/) (Canada 2011 Census population 83,810) is a city on Vancouver Island in British Columbia, Canada. It has been dubbed the "Bathtub Racing Capital of the World" and "Harbour City". Nanaimo is also sometimes referred to as the "Hub City" because of its central location on Vancouver Island and due to the layout of the downtown streets which form a "hub" pattern. It is also fondly known as the "Hub, Tub, and Pub City" because of its association with the bathtub racing and the numerous "watering holes" in Old Nanaimo. It is the location of the headquarters of the Regional District of Nanaimo.

Lacey appreciates the welcome Rosario, thanks.

She has turned out to be quite the asset to this company and has already earned a tad over $140,000. in just two days. :yahoo: Her Beaver and experiance is exceptional as a money making tool and I plan on taking advantage of this to the fullest extent. I will not overwork her though, don't want to wear her out. :winka:

The only downside so far is that someone has been calling and leaving messages on her company answering machine. It is only some heavy breathing and hooting(sounds like oot, oot) at this point. I will send Rufus over to the new base as security for her protection after he gets back from the OSE party. I sent him to take pictures for me for blackmail posterity since I couldn't make it. Just to much work on the jobs board at this point for me to go, need to take up the slack from a local company that is down with technical problems.

A big thanks go out to Mr Fodder(from PFFC) for his help in securing the new base. I got a really good deal on the base fees from the owner, a nervous looking little feller, who assured me that that was the correct price. He made me assure him that I would tell Mr.F that he was totally accommodating to my wishes, which was a bit odd. I told him I would and he seemed greatly relieved, hmmm...wonder what that was about.

A big thanks go out to Mr Fodder(from PFFC) for his help in securing the new base. I got a really good deal on the base fees from the owner, a nervous looking little feller, who assured me that that was the correct price. He made me assure him that I would tell Mr.F that he was totally accommodating to my wishes, which was a bit odd. I told him I would and he seemed greatly relieved, hmmm...wonder what that was about.

No Problem buddy :thum: ,

BTW: Party at my place later tonight, bring your tooth brush and new AI pilot ;) .

• 3 weeks later...

So far the grindstone routine has been working out well for me. The company finally passed the two million mark and I have been promoted to Captain. That same day I stumbled across a used Tundra Beaver in a airport down south and it was in pretty good shape. I paid 346 thousand for it but it only needed around another 10 thousand to bring it up to 100% and I got a deal on the paint job for under two. All around a great deal and I finally own my first aircraft since I only lease the other two. My partner Lacey also located a promising young pilot with a 1st Officer rating named Sophia Bunstrong that just moved to the area from out East. She was hired on the spot after a review flight and is now making a run to Vancouver for some sun cream. For now she will be based here with me so I can keep my eye's on her and at the same time she can also help out with the over abundance of jobs that are now pouring in. I guess all my hard work and payoffs sunny dispositon has finally paid off in increased orders. Lacey is also taking in some high dollar runs out at Nanaimo and has been a great asset to the company.

SoHigh will continue to provide safe, dependable air cargo service's in the Pacific NorthWest area. With a slow and steady rise in profits and assets, while at the same time keeping our overhead low, we will be a company to contend with for a long time to come. Give our company a try this week and get 10% off* your first load.

*Not to be compined with any other offer. Special price is only good with a signed two year contract that includes using our company exclusivly for all your shipping contracts.

On a side note......I think it is time to celibrate a bit and give lacey a break. There is a party this weekend up at the MAD base at Kamloops, Mrs., I mean Carol, is spending the Birdmans money like it was...well...like one of Mike's pilots training trips, and she always puts on a nice spread. So I think I'll pick up Lacey and take a trip up there. I hope they have shrimp and that there is still some booze left in town. I will be on my best behavour of course but I think putting a "Kick Me" sign on Jon's back might be fun. Nah, that would be childish....ah, what the hey, I owe him one.

I would like to get something nice for Emily and Davey, I wonder where are they registered? The Bay Kamloops? Penny Pinchers? I'll have to find out.

Also went up to visit the Sir Fodder Sir camp a couple weeks back and had a great time. Always clowning around those guys and gals and in betweens up there. Had a knife throwing contest against Randy with the new knife I gave her and of course she/he? beat me with no problem(Special Forces trained after all) but it was a close one. Randy gave me a harty bear hug when we finished and I think one of my ribs is cracked. (I think it's time for her/him? to back off on the injections). Glad Randy didn't see me wipe off my fingerprints of the knife afterwards but I thought it prudent, never know if someone will end up wearing that sharpie as jewlery some day in a back alley.

************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

:help: Is there a way to payoff the lease on a plane early?

:rofl: Ha....you guys :D

Rule #1: Never give up your gun.

Thanks Mike, don't know why I didn't see that. Seems like I am always finding something new in AH except for what I am looking for. ^_^

Well Sophia, my new pilot, has gotten off to a rocky start. Cost me around 30 grand between fixing my new Beaver, late fees and cargo damage, not to mention my reputation. Had to ream her a new one and she is now on double secret probation for the time being. I have her running a load of new china today, which better come in with no damage or she might be looking for a new job.

There has been plenty of jobs rolling in and the company has been bringing in alot of cash so I decided to pay off the leases on the other two Beavers. That makes three matching aircraft that we are now the proud owners of and this also brings up our net worth, which is always a good thing. With all the work we have completed in the past two weeks our cash level is back to the 2 million mark.

Things are looking good here at Mears Field, which is what Concrete airport is also known as. The folks here in town are great and I was even mentioned in the Concrete Herald as the newest success story to make his home here in town. Even got a fancy award from the town council at a luncheon they held in my honor. It was presented by the Mayor himself. Yep, I sure do like it here in these parts.

Captain Lacey has been doing a super job over at CYCD and has brought in tons of jobs and money. I visit over there as much as I can, she is good company and the night life over there in Nanaimo is super. She is a top pilot too, although checking the recorder in her Beaver I noticed she has a tendency to come in pretty hot sometimes but still lands smooth as silk. Pretty impressive in a women.

If things keep going the way they are I might consider adding a larger aircraft and even another base. I have been reluctant to do so as yet because my overhead is pretty low and bigger isn't always better(in the buiness world) so I am going to give it some more thought before making a final decision.

Yours truly,

Brett Sohigh,

I made a trip up to the MAD camp for a party they were throwing taking Lacey along with me. We figured it was about time we checked out this guy and Lacey said it would be a good idea to check his books out and see what is going on up there. She figured that she would divert his attention so I could sneak into the office and take a look. I was skeptical at first because they keep a pretty good eye on me when I'm there. She said to act totally drunk and it would be fine.

It was fine and things worked out perfectly, Lacey told me that MrB was so full of himself that he was like putty in her hands and she had him and everyone else paying attention to her. As for myself it wasn't hard to act drunk(because I was) but I still managed to sneak a peek at his books without getting caught. Got pictures too of his ledgers, both of them as a matter of fact because he keeps two sets. He has been covering up his vacation/ho trips with his floosie pilots listing them as training flights and spending money hand over claw fist on parties and the like. Also it seems that his male pilots get paid extra as hired muscle above their normal piloting duties. If I have any trouble with him in the future I can show him the evidence I have to keep him at bay.

Other than that he is a hell'of'a nice guy and we had a great time(stuffed myself silly with shrimp, hope I left some for the others). MrsB...I mean Carol, is a sweethart, she gave me a big hug when we left. She must have really liked Lacey because she got a really, really long hug. Hmmmm.

We had a good laugh on the flight home about our escapades at the party and about the birdfeather cape that Mike was wearing the whole time. Lacey said his hands were clammy too, gave her the shivers, she guessed it was from patting himself on the back so much. But even though she thought he was a bit creepy the way he stared at her with his tongue darting in and out of the corner of his mouth and the way his head jerks back and forth when he walks(almost like a chicken Lacey later said) all in all, she thought he was a pretty good bloke.

Great stuff guys. :thum:

Like all good tales the truth no doubt lies somewhere in the middle of the two versions of the same events :D

Interesting that you like Beavers so much Brett, it'll be interesting to see if you can drag yourself away from the Beaver long enough to actually get some flying done :whis: :whis:

SoHigh side note:

There is now a blemish on Lacey's record as she failed a flight the other day. For some reason, she would not elaborate, she was late on a delivery even though I had given her plenty of time to accomplish it. I added the normal 30 minutes for loading and unloading and she still had at least two hours as a cushion. I think she missed a leg and had to refly back to the pickup point. Since she is a big money maker for the company I will overlook this one oversight but I will have to make sure there is more of a leave time to accomidate any unforseen circumstances in the future.

Sophia has just been promoted and she has been flying some delicate loads with no problems. Many I made the right decision taking her on and she is comfortable with the taildragger now.

Almost at the 3 mil mark and am looking at a new Hawker Siddeley HS 748 made by Avro. It's a British made aircraft and everyone knows you can't go wrong with anything made by them that has wings. I have a lead on one, down south in the flat's and am looking forward to taking it for a spin sometime this week.

Cheers,

Brett Sohigh

If anyone has any fuel use data on this AC and can send it my way, it would be much appreciated. :D

Well everybody makes mistakes, that's what second chances are for :)

Third chances however...... no way :P

Nice aircraft the HS 748. Probably cheap to buy. In the same class you could also look at the ATR 72-500, but that would probably be much more expensive. Worth looking at anyway I think

Keep up the good work :thum:

Thanks, I'll have a looksee at the detailed data. It looks like a larger AC yet still has an almost equal cargo capacity. The shorter the runway distance needed for TD&L's will be important too! Smaller bases mean smaller fees. Still on the fence about getting a larger plane, I have a good supply of jobs with weights that match the Beavers and worry that AH will lessen the amount of jobs availible for the three planes I now own to accomidate the new addon.

Does anyone no where I look to see what my planes are worth if I sell them(do they depreciate?). The differance between my net worth and cash does not equal what I paid for by AC's.

Thanks Mike, hope your enjoying your vacations and thanks for taking the time out to help this old freeloader. :thanks:

AC worth just half after purchase, maybe I should have just stayed with the lease and changed planes when the lease ends. Although, it is nice to see the company's net worth higher than the cash on hand.

I have finally figured out how to get the AI flight plans to work in the order that I want them to fly it. If the AH flight plan deviates from what a normal pilot(with common sense) would do, I only assign a small section of the flight legs first, after that is locked in I can then go back to the My Jobs screen and assign the rest of the flights. In some cases I might have to do this a couple of times. The hired pilot will now fly to the airports in the correct order. Yea...a small victory over AH and my own slow learning ability :th_blush: . I'm sure this has been covered before.

Brett, once you have jobs in your "my jobs" list use the ctrl button to select the flights in the order you want them completed. So select the first flight you want doing then hold ctrl and select 2nd job and so on. If you look at mini map it will highlight each job as you select it.

Many apologies if you already knew this :cool:

Tips are always welcome, thanks.

I did know this and it works most times but had some cases where the flight plan would not go as I wanted. Common sense says to pick up "this" load on the way back to so and so but for some reason it would rather make an extra trip than do that. This usually happens when adding alot of jobs at one time thinking that they will sidetrack to them along the way.

While on vacation to check out the Hawker for possible purchase I found another Beaver with Tundra setup in a back barn/hanger that had my name all over it. Couldn't resist the pull and it is now, after some extensive repairs and paint, a part of our fleet. I also hired another pilot that I met during my travels. Her name is Daisy May(fATPL) and from what I hear she is a hard worker and a talented pilot(good looker too!). I have her flying out of CYCD with Lacey right now but she will be running out of the new base that I have just opened at Thun Field-Pierce County Airport(1S0) in Puyallup, Washington. As soon as the new office is setup and construction is completed it will be her responsibility to run things there. Although the economy is bad right now, there is still plenty of work in the PNW and it is a good time for picking up deals on rent at local airports. I am looking for office managers to help run things at the SoHigh bases to take the logistical load off the pilots shoulders giving them more time to fly instead of spending time doing the increasing demand on paperwork that is required by the powers that be. This will also free up my time and allow me to get more flying time in for myself.

Our reputation at this time is in the 70's but I have set a goal for the company to bring this up to an appropriate level. Some failed jobs by a couple of our present pilots have but a dent in our reputation and this will not be tolerated.

To all pilots:

Please make sure that enough time is allowed for the completion of jobs, watch your job weights so that double trips are not needed and allow time for slow or dimwitted cargo handlers. Together we can make this company grow and be a force to be reckoned with in this area of the country. Starting today, commissions from each job(.200%) will be added to your pay when job performance is kept at a high level on a monthly basis. Failed jobs will result in a reduction of one percent of the accrued amount for that same month. I hope this will be a good incentive for better performance in the future.

Cheers,

Brett Sohigh