FTX PNW. Am I missing something here?

During the FTX sale in April I purchased FTX PNW NA Blue.

I installed it and set everything to their recommended settings.

Then I started flying around in a Cessna 152 to take in the scenery.

What exactly is supposed to be so much better here? The trees still look like generic FSX trees.

I see a few new buildings around Seattle like Safeco field, which I guess was not there before. I never really noticed.

It said Seattle is photoreal. It didn't look photoreal to me.

I saw the Bonneville dam they said was there. I guess it was not there before???

I checked out the Port of Tacoma which they also say is photoreal. I was not impressed. I saw no ships in port

Is every airport in the area supposed to be upgraded?

I have Vashon and Wax Orchard which both look phenomenal, but I had those before. Is the rest of this scenery supposed to be as good?

Before anyone asks I did activate the scenery in FTX Central.

Anyone out there have this scenery? Do you have any advice or words of wisdom?

Thanks! :unsure:

No words of wisdom, just a couple of things to check

1. Have you applied the latest patches for the scenery? NA PNW.005

2. Have you applied the latest Orbx Libraries after patching? 120328

Scroll to bottom of this page http://fullterrain.com/support.html

Apologies if you've done this already

Always run libraries after installing anything new or patching

What you must remember about FTX is that it's not designed to be a completely accurate photoreal rendition of the area. You won't be able to see your house or anything like that.

However, there is custom landclass, autogen, mesh, and scenery objects throughout the whole area, as well as a few photoreal places like Seattle, KPAE, and Mt. St. Helens (yes, they are there - you just don't notice it because it is so well blended with the rest of the scenery and 3D objects, unlike other photoreal sceneries). Overall, this provides a stunning package, which is significantly better than default. I mean, just look at this:

pnw1.jpg

pnw2.jpg

And yes, I know I have a powerful computer, but PNW can still look great on a lower-end machine. This shot was taken on my old computer:

pnw3.jpg

Plus, in addition to the base scenery, you can add all the nice ORBX freeware sceneries as well as the OZx stuff, which will make it look fantastic.

I have a lot of scenery addons, and to be honest, PNW is by far my favourite.