Lockheed Releases Video of Prepar3D

Just found this video of P3D released a couple of days ago by Lochheed Martin,

I Posted it here as I thought some of the guys and gals at Mutleys might like to have a peek :) .

Prepar3D® simulation software presents a virtual world that spans from the depths of the ocean to suborbital space. See how Prepar3D can be used for immersive, experiential learning in this trailer. Since launching the software in 2010 as an evolution of Microsoft ESP technology for professional training and academic learning, Lockheed Martin has expanded ground and maritime settings, added camera sensors and enhanced its multi-player capability for distributed training exercises. Visit prepar3d.com.

Cheer's...Graham...

I don't understand why they call it 'Prepar3D'. The name gives absolutely no indication of the type of software it is and it's not in 3D. :wacko2:

I think they could have come up with a much better name had they given it a bit more effort.

I still cant see what all the fuss is about.

I think all the fuss is about ongoing development of the source code licensed from MS, particularly expanding the use of available memory. That is THE most significant constraint upon FSX/Acceleration today. If these folks push the edges of that envelope further out without leaving too many of the current add-ons in the dust, they're going to have The Next Great Flight Simulator.

L-M began where MS was when they chose to rest on their laurels after Acceleration was released. If they can move the product forward from there for us, they become the only game in town. FSX needs a number of enhancements and I think that L-M is taking on some of those, however, breaking the memory wall is the most important thing they can do to it. Performance improvements and reality enhancers of all sorts, going forward from here, require that.

We live in a world where the best flight simulator available cannot fully use the hardware resources of the average PC, which is a 180 degree turnaround from the situation when FSX was released. Fixing that is the next logical step and L-M seem to be the only ones in a position to take it, unless MS has a serious change of heart.

John

Thanks Graham,

A nicely produced video.

P3D will be the way I will progress as I will be able to use hundreds if not thousands of GBP spent on software in a familiar but more efficient environment.

I am hoping not to have to upgrade my hardware for a few years, it's worth it just for that!

Thanks Graham,

A nicely produced video.

P3D will be the way I will progress as I will be able to use hundreds if not thousands of GBP spent on software in a familiar but more efficient environment.

I am hoping not to have to upgrade my hardware for a few years, it's worth it just for that!

I know what you mean Joe, I dread to think what I have spent on FSX add-ons over the last 12 months, if they ever make P3D able to use all add-on from FSX, I would save up and buy it ;) .

BTW: about mid way through the video, did you notice that landing craft leaving the carrier? well I'm pretty sure its avalible for FSX as a free download (please follow link) https://silvercloud-...roduct_id=29817

Cheer's...Graham...