Hello

I've just read Kieron's review of the F6 Lightning by Just Flight. I have recently purchased this ( Boxed set ) and I am enjoying flying it very much , except I have found one or two things didn't work as they did for Kieron.

That may well be me being a bit too keen to get in there and not reading the manual too well, but have other people got issues with the autopilot? Anyone know of any instructions re its use over and above those in the (sparse ) manual?

Also, the canopy handle doesn't work - anyone know of a key or way to get it to?

TIA

P.S Just found this website for FSX and i am impressed. Thanks

Welcome to the Hangar, TIA (Cas) - I'm sure Kieran will be able to help you with the Lightning.

And Thanks for your kind comments re our Forum - make yourself at home! :thum:

CHeers - Dai. :cool:

Just re-read your post, and Control+E opens the canopy as well as the black/yellow striped handle by the left hand side ofthe seat

As for the heading hold, that's just annoying me at the moment. I'm sure it's the left one of the set of buttons behind the joystick, but that could be Approach Controller. I'm sure that's what I used during the review

I hope this helps!

Not forgetting Ted Andrews RAF Binbrook for FSX - really good representation and somewhere 'sensible' to park your Lightning.

I've also tried to install the included Lightning AI but failed (& yes I did modify the aircraft.cfg files etc etc) but I have now managed to get the Lightning AIs to appear by creating a modified schedule with more recent FMk6 AIs & a TMk5 and importing it into UT2 - worked a treat. I found that I needed to modify the AFD files & deleted the parking spots all round the airfield to concentrate them on the ASP's.

201261782255700.png

Here you go - sorry for the delay.

I've turned all of Ted's parking slots found so they face the way they we in the 1980's - I'll try to chat Ted into reversing the orientation of the ground equipment but it all looks pretty much as it was in those halcyon days.

Not forgetting Ted Andrews RAF Binbrook for FSX - really good representation and somewhere 'sensible' to park your Lightning.

Hello - Looks great in the screenies. Where does one get Ted Andrews' RAF Binbrook, please?

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks grajay

BTW chaps, I'm flying this plane a lot now, however, I have to admit that i have gone back to the original installation - The autopilot "dials" of the service pack are anathema to me.

Have any others done the same?

Using the ILs frequencies in Nav 2 is OK - ( it gets me there ) but it doesn't navigate me until I'm reasonably near the destination.

It would be great if TACAN navigation was enabled because if not it will be such a shame in an otherwise brilliant cockpit.

Landings are such a blast to do and then to look at from the tower in FS Recorder.