John's first review - Radar Contact 4

I have great pleasure in announcing John has just released his first (Of Many hopefully :yes:) review for Mutley's Radar Contact 4.

John got a copy of this just a few weeks ago and in true jda style has produced a very comprehensive review for anyone looking for an alternative to MS FS ATC.

So without no further ado! Here is the review!

Thanks John for all your sterling efforts for the Hangar :wink:

Cheers

I've just read that and it's a really fantastic review John :yes: Radar Contact 4 might just have made the Christmas prezzie list :wink: Just looking at some videos now to see if I would be able to put up with the slightly less smooth voices in exchange for the much more realistic ATC - I think I will.

I was going to ask, is the list of callsigns/airport names extensive enough? I'm noticing quite a few ICAO codes being spelt out phonetically on these videos.

I might be bombarding you on MSN for a while now. Sorry :help: :yes:

Dave

Joe,

Cheers for the heads up, thought he might be because I haven't seen him on MSN lately :wink:

Only back fleetingly I'm afraid, another 3 weeks to go before my Christmas exams are over and done with - then I will be able to kick back, relax, and get into the Christmas spirit :yes: I'm working until 9 or 10pm each night so time for FS-related stuff is scarce as much as I wish otherwise.

Cheers

Dave :-)

As a follow-on to the Radar Contact review, I learned a work-around today that addresses one of the issues I mentioned there.

You may recall that using the 1 and 2 keys for pushback, doors, etc became a problem when using RC. Most of RC's menu commands are selected using the number keys and RC was intercepting the keypresses meant to turn the tail on pushback too.

It turns out that on the initial RC screen there's a button labelled "Keyboard". It's a utility that allows you to re-map most of the keys used by RC to something else. The suggestion I saw on the RC commercial support forum on AVSIM suggests re-mapping "1" and "2" to Ctrl-Shft 1 and Ctrl-Shft 2 respectively. RC's menu would recognize those and that would leave 1 and 2 free to be used by the MS commands that expect them. That's one problem put to bed.

John