Looks like Playhorizon Gen x N Scotland is out in a few weeks

Looking forward to this as it covers my neck of the woods ...I can fly over my house at last and not an autogen one:)

Same resolution as South Scotland but according to the greater area covered takes less discs and data? You have to use Treescapes for this type of scenery IMHO and this will be out around the same time, Scotflight will update their software for this release too.

Looking good, heard that Mid Scotland is a while off yet and I hope we get a North Ireland volume in time too.

Hi Colin,

It's on Pre-Order at Fightstore now, released July 28 :danceb:

I'm looking forward to this one too, I hope the trees will have a more accurate coverage this time.

Should be great fun exploring the highlands.

Can't wait. 2 weeks Pah!

You know what I'm on about Joe eh?

@Colin, I'll fly over your's and you can fly over mine. Don't look too close though as I may be sunbathing. :wacko2:

Be interesting to see if For William and the Ben will be covered in North Scotland.

Looking at the published pics' I'm not sure it will cover the whole of the area.

We can only wait and see.

Cheers :thum:

Re the Ben and Fort Bill, suspicion they'll be in the Central too, maybe why it's taking longer. What about Skye and the Ridge? Got to put a chopper over the Inn Pinn!

Still, we'll be able to spot Brian from the white or burnt fella covered in midge bites, scratching frantically. "Sun" bathing indeed! I'll turn up the cloud, mist and rain in REX. :whis:

Cheers

I can dream Mike. We did have a week of sun in March though :rofl:

Not put in my pre-order at Flightstore yet but will next week for both.

The only problem I've found with photo scenery is it does not display correctly on my GPS, the important stuff like airports and suchlike do though.

I think in time when Orbx do the promised UK scenery I'll have one Photo install for FSX with Treescapes and either a second FSX install with Orbx UK scenery or for P3D ... must get back in to P3D again!

I hope Skye does get done ... and Rockall, heh ... just kidding about that but I wonder if it shows up in any scenery at all? Greenpeace lashed themselves to it some time ago.

300px-Location_map_Rockall.jpg

Greenpeace-activists-occu-007.jpg

Does the Isle of Man have photo scenery I wonder?

Is that all Rockall is? One of my childhood memories was listing to the shipping forecast "Rockall, Malin, Hebrides, Bailey, Fair Isle, Faeroes ..."

I have a beta Isle of Man photo scenery with some alpha autogen. I have posted some shots in MEBAR 2012 and in the forums. The photo scenery is superb but I'm still waiting to see when Darren is going to release this scenery, I guess it will be distributed via Flightstore.com ?

Is that all Rockall is? One of my childhood memories was listing to the shipping forecast "Rockall, Malin, Hebrides, Bailey, Fair Isle, Faeroes ..."

I remember hearing those forecasts too and got a surprise when I found out what Rockall was, you think they could just dynamite or something? it must be quite a hazard to shipping in bad weather ... just googled and at least one ship has hit it with loss of life.

http://perdurabo10.tripod.com/ships2/id27.html

Thanks for the info about IoM sceney Joe, I'll look out for that.

@ Brian, I think the N Scotland Playsims coverage should include Drum but I think it stops short of the complete loch, we'll see.

Not wanting to freak anyone out, but I wonder if we will get Bolskine House in this scenery? I'd want this more over a representation of Nessie to be honest.

I remember hearing those forecasts too and got a surprise when I found out what Rockall was, you think they could just dynamite or something? it must be quite a hazard to shipping in bad weather ... just googled and at least one ship has hit it with loss of life.

http://perdurabo10.t...hips2/id27.html

Thanks for the info about IoM sceney Joe, I'll look out for that.

@ Brian, I think the N Scotland Playsims coverage should include Drum but I think it stops short of the complete loch, we'll see.

Hi Colin,

Looking at the area coverage for the North, I think Loch Ness may very well be completely covered but maybe not the whole length of Gleann Mhor. (The Great Glen) for those without Scots Gaelic.

We will see for sure and I can't wait.

Cheers

Brian :thum: