hi fellow simmers.... Question... i just finish my Cockpit. it has 2 usb powered Hubs with 10 connectors each

i have saitek gear connected to it. Nav radio ,6 instrument panels, one MPT, one Switch panel,One trim wheel,one T Quadrant

one rudder pedals, one Yoke system and one Hand Brake...... all of these are Connected to my computer, via the USB Hubs, After connecting All of the gear. it gave me a error USB has reached the Capabilities" Load" and every thing just went black.....

i have my set up connected in two sets of 7 on one usb Hub and the rest on the other. the two hubs are connected to my comp.

IS that mean that i need another Hub???? have you seen this before?????

cheers N7163C

Hi

Looks like you are pretty much running the same hardware as me ... are you using a powered USB hub? that message seems like what you can get when the power bandwidth of a hub is overwhelmed.

The Saitek instrument panels need a fair bit of juice and I went through three "powered" USB Hubs before I found a type that could cope, currently using 2 x Belkin 7 port mains powered Hubs for the same gear you are using with no problems.

The ones in the link below, they are modular so you can stack one on top of the other and still use all their ports.

EDIT: Just noticed you mentioned powered hubs, but trust me they are not all equal :) I was near tearing my hair out before I found good ones, the Saitek PIF Instrument gauges are definitely the biggest power draw though, maybe try running three on each Hub before trying another Hub?

http://www.belkin.co...oduct_Id=158910

FUL1_F5U237v1.jpg

Hi Steven, just did an edit to my post RE Powered Hubs, here are the last pics I took of my setup, have added a Saitek trim wheel since then ...

GPSSim1.jpg

VRIGPS5_1.jpg

The Hubs to the right in the pic below were my old ones, replaced with the Belkin ones now and the Instruments never drop out :thum:

TMHOGdesk1.jpg

Yokenpanels.jpg

Kicker.jpg

Yep, that is the VR Insight GPS 5, its basically a second LCD but all the buttons and rotaries work too, they are pretty expensive but I had it on my Ebay watch list, got outbid on the first one that came up and a month or so later won this one at about half price, the owner never used the button decals and lost them and I had to source my own, but still worth it :thum:

Cheers.

Hi M31,

Nice setup, I have a simmulair setup with saitek yoke, 2 throtlles, trimwheel, and modules.

I wonder why you don't use a matrox thtg for the main screen?

I also have de logitech mdf and try to find a way to hook them up with a 7 inch lcd display.

the gps module looks verry nice!

cheers,

Jan

Hi Jan

I've been toying with the idea of three screens for a while now, my current GTX 680 will do three screens from the one card but I'd want three of my current "28" LCD's to do this, these are 1920 x 1200 and that would be a resolution of 5760 x 1200 and that is maybe a bit too much for my cards 2GB vram? (I should have really waited for the 4GB 680's) My latest idea is to stick with a single monitor and go up to a Dell 30" 3011 model, despite the name "Dell" having a bit of a bad rep in the PC world these monitors are not made by them, they just badge them, I've owned some of the Dell LCD's before and they are really nice, also I prefer the older 16:10 ratio to the more current trend of 16:9, 16:9 is ideal for wide-screen movies but 16:10 gives a bit more vertical real estate and I appreciate that in Flight Sim and the games I play like Skyrim.

I've seen one of the Dell 30" in action and it really has to be seen to be appreciated at its resolution of 2560 x 1600 that my card will handle just fine, it has excellent three year on site warranty and a no dead pixel policy too I think, it also comes with a very capable 4 port powered USB Hub built in, certainly fine for my Yoke, Pedals and HOTAS, and I'd use my Belkin powered Hubs for my panels, great choice of inputs that allow you to have two PC's hooked up to it and a user friendly way of switching back and forth, and the user interface is pretty good and easy to use too apparently.

This model here ... But probably not from them, it can be found cheaper elsewhere online.

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MO-047-DE&groupid=17&catid=1120&subcat=

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

I recently bought 2 10-port hubs in china http://www.dealextreme.com/p/10-port-usb-2-0-hub-with-external-power-source-100-240v-ac-adapter-33189

the problem is the power adapter (american) but I found a sollution: http://www.dealextreme.com/p/flat-to-round-power-plug-convertor-3529

problem with to few usb ports solved ;-)

It takes a while but i'am really going to build my homepit..

Need to figure out how to place photo's on my own cockpitbuilding topic.. you hear from me soon..

Thanks for this nice forum, I realy enjoy it.

Cheers

I recently bought 2 10-port hubs in china http://www.dealextre...c-adapter-33189

the problem is the power adapter (american) but I found a sollution: http://www.dealextre...-convertor-3529

problem with to few usb ports solved ;-)

It takes a while but i'am really going to build my homepit..

Need to figure out how to place photo's on my own cockpitbuilding topic.. you hear from me soon..

Thanks for this nice forum, I realy enjoy it.

Cheers

Hope to see your cockpit soon.. i have the same usb hubs two of them... and i get the usb has exceded the power blah blah blah...

and everything goes black. now i got another one. 7 ports. ansd the problem its or seems to be GONE.

• 2 weeks later...