First effort at airport modification

I've downloaded the ADE software to try my hand at modifying some of the stock FSX airports, here is my first effort via the tutorial for KMGY

From this

ScreenHunter_01Jul251852.jpg

to this

ScreenHunter_02Jul251934.jpg

It's fairly simple to use once you learn the basics

Nice work Rob I just wish I had time to play with these wonderful utilities, it's surprising what a difference they can make to the accuracy and enjoyment of flightsim.

Cheers

Good work Rob. I like ADE and have had it for a while but I haven't got around to playing with it properly yet.

I do agree though it is quite a good utility once you find the time to sit with it for a few hours.

I might make an effort before I receive Scotland North. :thum:

I've modified Unst to bring it more in line with the RW airport, but need to figure out the autogen-exclude bit. From a forum post I saw it looks like it can be done from with ADE. I tried with SbuilderX and couldn't figure out how to get it to work

ADE is essential to my airport diagrams - it's not only the source of the raw image (before editing) but provides a lot of ancillary data, i.e. magnetic variation, published approaches, location of custom buildings, etc.

John

I've modified Unst to bring it more in line with the RW airport, but need to figure out the autogen-exclude bit. From a forum post I saw it looks like it can be done from with ADE. I tried with SbuilderX and couldn't figure out how to get it to work

For FSX ADE provides terrain tools. To create a new background or change an old one look at the Terrain Poly Tool (Button with Green Poly on it).

Check out section 15 of the English Manual.