ATTENTION SAVINGS ACCOUNT! ATTENTION SAVINGS ACCOUNT! ATTENTION SAVINGS ACCOUNT!

Ever since I saw the link to EMUTEQ on Mutley's, I have been drooling over their MFD panel set up:

399emuteq_1.jpg

288emuteq_mutleys.jpg

Also this:

332emuteq_2.jpg

So I have been playing with my editing package to see if I can incorporate all my existing Saitek controls into a cockpit.

I have come up with this:

345Emuteq_Cockpit_mutleys.jpg

So I am now on a major investigation and savings spree to raise funds for the project..

I am going to look into this further as I want to know if it is compatible with all aircraft in FSX or limited to just a selected few.

The GPs should be available to all in FSX but I am not sure about the MFD's? Also the size measurements are required to see if it is feasible to be a 2 man cockpit.

OK cost's is a major factor in a project like this (We all dream) So I am having to consider my "What do I want" from my simming, before I layout such a large sum of hard earned lolly..

It's a project that is all in the grey matter at the moment as I want to investigate other add on's that may be better and cheaper.

The panels look as if you have to purchase a third party software package to run and the one quoted is a futher £270 so again it all adds up?

I am thinking to just purchase the GPS unit for the moment, to see if I want to go all the way or go down the extra monitor road and use them as MFD's. Will keep posting the thoughts and progress...

Brian (Needles) and Steven (Diverone), this is all your fault..

Mr Bird of MAD told me to; always blame someone else as it make's you feel better and justified "HeHe" :D:P

James

Hi James,

I do so much like a cunning plan.

It's looking like a very good project there.

I have broad shoulders (and broad evrerything else come to that), so I can carry some of the blame. So blame away mate. :thum:

Good luck with the build and remember.....photographs at every stage to remind you of what you went through during the build. :stars:

Cheers

Brian

Wow, James, I take my :hat: to you!

If it does turn into a feasible project don't scrimp on quality just to save a few pounds, the Saitek panels and controls, other than the yoke and pedals, don't seem in the same league as the rest.

Keep us updated.

Cheers

Joe

Having dug into the project further and going through as much information as possible, it looks like a non starter.

Although the panels are fantastic for what they are built for, it's not for the simmer who likes to fly the range from all that is in FSX.

They are ideal for the light Cessna range of aircraft and are suitable to the real trainee pilot who is up for his PPL.

Shame as my visions of grandio's have been shot down in flames.

Another minus is that the sim has to be run in windowed mode to get the panels to function correctly and as I run a 3 screen set up I use full screen resolution,

so that alone has put the cunning plan in the bin (or I can make paper aeroplanes with it)?

So the story has not ended as I bought the Vr Insight GPS 5 from Flightstore (that will keep the Yorkshire lads happy) and another cunning plan is being hatched..

"Now.... where's that egg basket"?

Futher into the emuteq panels, from what I am discovering; is that the panel seems to be just what the Doctor ordered for use with Flight1 Cessna Skyplane T182. Flight1 also supplies the software for use on this panel

and as I stated earlier it is for the serious pilot who is looking to use a flightsimulator for training that is recoqnised towards his instrument exams for the PPL

It's still on the back burner with me as I already have the Flight1 T182, but £2500 is a lot to consider.

Now what can I sell to help with the funding? Anyone interested in purchasing 2 pair of unwashed sock's?

• 3 weeks later...

i am really loving mine its such a nice thing to push and pull buttons better than using the mouse... and the unit looks great all metal case and it lights up.

all i need is a better computer. at the moment i am using my lap top. its not bad but i want a tower computer just for my FSMX