Lilly Lake to Kitoi Bay...

Well I got out of Lilly Lake with a fair bit of water to spare...I think the 14 knots of wind helped!

btour129.jpg

Enroute now towards Kitoi Bay...I'm flying the straight line today and using the FLIGHT map to find the destination.

btour130.jpg

I cruise at 90% power and I have found it easier to set with my Touch Pilot on iPad rather than the wheel on my joystick.

btour131.jpg

To finely adjust the elevator trim, I place the mouse pointer on the stick button and use the mouse wheel...I find from practice that with nearly full fuel, 37% Nose Down gives level flight then as the weight gets down a bit, 38%.

btour132KitoiBay.jpg

Here I am coming to the end of the landing run in Kitoi Bay...I will need to turn 180 and taxy back to the exact location.

btour133KitoiBay.jpg

Taxying downwind with 14 knots of wind on the tail means that the spray is blown forwards over the aeroplane! One thing that shows here is the Fuel icon at top right...This only comes up when you have reached the location and thus lets you know when you have arrived. There is no point in using it as there is no fuel here and all you can do is remove some fuel if you wish.

btour134KitoiBay.jpg

Here I have the engine ticking over but the wind is helping to blow the aeroplane towards the beach...I am lowering the gear here as we get near the bottom.

btour135KitoiBay.jpg

The Map on Full Zoom confirms that we have arrived.

btour136KitoiBay.jpg

As the wheels beach, the aircraft rocks a bit and needs a bit of power to get up onto dry firm land.

btour137KitoiBay.jpg

And here we are safely beached at Kitoi Bay.

Thanks for looking :thanks:

This is what my iPad looks like with TouchPilot working:-

TouchPilot.jpgIt works better with the Carbon Cub as there are more things that can be allocated...I have also set it up for FS9 (it works with any Flight Simulator that uses a Joystick as it is seen as an extra joystick with many buttons).