RC4 should I get it - BOUGHT IT!

Hi Guys,

I am thinking of another crimbo prezzy and was thinking of radio contact 4 - I am doing more and more IFR since my 146 purchase so just wondering is it worth the £28 pricetag?

If I don't get it I would consider getting either REX or OpusFSX to replace my active sky as long as one of them is a bit more computer friendly on frames etc in comparison to the active sky 2012.

Thanks,

Jim

Hi Jim, I'd say go with RC4. From what I've heard, it's not that easy to get into, with a little bit of a learning curve compared to the standard ATC. But it's very accurate in flying STAR's and SID's. As a second option if your machine could handle it, would be VOXATC 6 that now features the ability to use SID's and STARS, but with voice control. It can be hard on an old system, as the voice recognition is heavy on the CPU.

If you go for the weather engines, the current wisdom is REX is great for winds aloft and great textures, opus for great weather depiction and speed. In truth,you should use the weather engine that you feel is right for you.

Best wishes,

Jess B

Oh god it took 5 emails to get the activation key because it failed (I kept getting the format of email wrong and also thought the order number was the code until I opened RC4 and found the number lol)

All activated and I have loaded my first plan - set the voices and call signs etc - now I am just importing my scenery for the first flight :)

I know it is going to be hard but its a challenge that will be good

Like others have said, you won't regret it.

And in my opinion it sounds a lot better than the other ATC add-ons ( VoxATC I.E) since it uses real recorded voices rather than computer based Text-to-Speech voices.

But there's one voiceset that does sound like a bad Stephen Hawkins impersonation ;)

If you fly in the US there is a nice little add-on pack made by Flight Sim Voices. I think it was around $6 US. Here is the link, you can add them to other things like the PMDG NGX, Level D, Xpax, FS Passengers etc...it's nice, I like the random voices it adds to Radar Contact.

http://www.flightsimvoices.com/

EDIT:

Here is a list of some of the pilot voices you can hear: http://www.flightsimvoices.com/usfcv1-demo.html

Hi Guys,

I am thinking of another crimbo prezzy and was thinking of radio contact 4 - I am doing more and more IFR since my 146 purchase so just wondering is it worth the £28 pricetag?

If I don't get it I would consider getting either REX or OpusFSX to replace my active sky as long as one of them is a bit more computer friendly on frames etc in comparison to the active sky 2012.

Thanks,

Jim

Do you have the Just Flight 146 or the Quality Wings version?

Thanks.

Hi Guys,

Thanks,

Jim

Do you have the Just Flight 146 or the Quality Wings version?

Thanks.

It is the quality wings version - brilliant plane its my favourite jet at the moment