Hurricanes over Newcastle

I had the pleasure of joining Sabre for a few flights tonight :salute:

We discovered that we both have the free Hurricane from justflight, and armed with this very nice new freebie we had a good bit of fun around his home airport at Newcastle, by trying to find each other at first, and then attempting to stay together in formation (it's a lot harder than it looks on the TV!). :unsure:

Here's a few shots that I made tonight, Sabre is in the mkI with a black wing.

(think that he made a few shots as well and he will be posting them later on today, it will be interesting to see what my world looks like with his scenery ;) )

2011-9-11_21-19-58-805copy.jpg

2011-9-11_21-20-5-659copy.jpg

2011-9-11_21-35-22-858copy.jpg

2011-9-11_21-35-14-122copy.jpg

Now that I think about it! , this flying together online thing opens up a whole new world of stuff that may be possible for FSX fliers :thumbsup: , maybe a Mutleys Hanger virtual flight school could be on the cards? or even just a bit of fun to see how many Hurricanes we could get up into one formation :winka:

Cheer's...Graham...

It was indeed a pleasure and made a pleasant change from flying alone. Nice to be able to chat on Teamspeak whilst flying. Once we got the hang of joining up we managed to do a patrol over the North Sea up to Berwick and then back down to Newcastle. The Hurricane was a very pleasant aircraft to fly. I was really surprised how smooth it was with me hosting the flight.

Hur1.jpg

Hur2.jpg

Hur3.jpg

Hur4.jpg

Hur5.jpg

Hur6.jpg

Hur7.jpg

Hur8.jpg

Hur9.jpg

Very nice Sabre.

Your shot's look a lot sharper than mine, (will have to have a chat about that later on), your Newcastle airport scenery looks fabulous, and I can see that you have some AI traffic there as well, the AI planes were missing from my game! not sure why that is? unless it has something to do with the add-on airport?

Will have to do this again soon, how about "Tiger-moths over Tazmania"? (coz they are bright yellow and slow! should make it easy to find each other :pilotic: ) I have the FTX demo as well so that should work out ok, or we could even try Brazil http://forum.mutleys...-ilheus-brazil/ download the airport, and thats about it for here, the default scenery and REX look very nice if you go a few miles inland.

Cheer's...Graham...

BTW: anyone else intrested in a bit of online flying some time?, it may turn out to be a lot of fun :smile:

Yes - I'll bring my big Shackleton to the party!

Ah! and there's the catch! :( .

In order for everyone to be able to see you, they will all need a Shackleton in thier hanger :( .

we found this out yesterday, as we both wanted to fly our A2A planes ;) but Sabre does not have the P47, and don't have the A2A Spitfire yet! .

In other word's for for the other flyers to be able to see you in your plane of choice, they must also have that plane in their hangar, which is why we ended up in the Hurricanes, as we both had these in our hangers :thum: .

BTW: Your welcome to jump in for a flight or two anytime :) think that it would be wise to get "Teamspeak 3" first though as it's a huge help when trying to fly together :) .

(I'm sure that Sabre can explain this better, but he's never around when I need him! "LOL" :P )

Cheer's...Graham...

@Graham - Ahh, that's OK. The Shackleton is freeware by the way, from Britsim ;) Great little (really?) model!

Now that would work - putting a freeware aircraft in your hangar isn't too much trouble - as long as it's in your hangar you'll see it in multi-player (or so it seems - I'm no expert by any stretch of the imagination), a couple of Shackletons flying with some Hurricanes for company could be good fun :wootmesalia:

Might need someone with good bandwidth for hosting purposes if we can muster up a few pilots :pilotic:

Fantastic shots Sabre! :thumbsup:

I would love to join in some time! What program do you use to fly online? (hopefully not gamespy because it doesnt work for me)

Thanks,

Sam

Hi Sam.

As far as I can see "YOU MUST" have a gamespy account to use the multiplayer option in FSX!,

I know what you mean though! as I was having a lot of trouble with my gamespy account at the weekend :( .

Cheer's...Graham..

Dam! I will have to give this offer a miss then :cray:

I cant even create an account on gamespy let alone join an actual game, it keeps coming up with an error saying "your password must be in a alphanumeric format and should be no more than 16 characters long" but whatever password I try it never works...

Thanks for the offer though,

Sam

Dam! I will have to give this offer a miss then :cray:

I cant even create an account on gamespy let alone join an actual game, it keeps coming up with an error saying "your password must be in a alphanumeric format and should be no more than 16 characters long" but whatever password I try it never works...

Thanks for the offer though,

Sam

Sam have you tried setting up a new account with a different e-mail address, I know some people have had success with this on Gamespy.

Sam have you tried setting up a new account with a different e-mail address, I know some people have had success with this on Gamespy.

Hi Graham :winka: , ive tried that before but it didnt work, ive also tried changing ports and network settings but it still comes up with the same error, ive contacted game spy about it previously but they told me that its microsofts problem, so I then contacted microsoft but they said it was gamespys problem, so I just gave up...

Hopefully they make Microsoft FLIGHTs multiplayer better than there last attempt!

Thanks,

Sam :pilotic:

Hi Graham :winka: , ive tried that before but it didnt work, ive also tried changing ports and network settings but it still comes up with the same error, ive contacted game spy about it previously but they told me that its microsofts problem, so I then contacted microsoft but they said it was gamespys problem, so I just gave up...

Hopefully they make Microsoft FLIGHTs multiplayer better than there last attempt!

Thanks,

Sam :pilotic:

Hi Sam.

Reading by that! it looks like your trying to open a gamespy account though FSX?.

Have you tried going to the gamespy site with your internet browser and setting up an account that way? once you have done that you should start FSX and go to the multiplayer and type in you gamespy name and then your password, that's what worked for me ;) .

Cheer's...Graham...

Graham you genius! I have now succesfully made it on to multiplayer!!!! YAY!!!! :yahoo::thanks:

Now to download this teamspeak3 program!

Thanks again,

Shrews :thumbsup:

That's good news, Sam :thumbsup:.

Sabre is the best person to speak to about setting up teamspeak3 (or TS3 as we call it) because it's his clan team speak server that we use ;) .

Cheer's...Graham...