Dovetail Games announces new update for FSX: Steam Edition

Dovetail Games has announced that it will today launch an update for Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition. Most notably, the update will allow players to now play the game in off-line mode, one of the most requested changes from the core community. However, multiplayer features cannot be accessed while in this mode.  

The update will also include a number of multiplayer fixes, as well as some updates to the user interface and general game stability.  Full details can be found here: https://fsxinsider.com/new-patch-for-fsx-steam-edition-released/

“Working with and listening to our committed community of players is one of our leading priorities when it comes to FSX: Steam Edition and it’s great to be able to deliver them this update which responds directly to what they have been asking for.”

Tim Gatland, CTO, Dovetail Games

I wonder what percentage of fsx users actually use the multiplayer features---- 3%???  maybe 5%???

there are so many features that could be improved in fsx steam that would affect the majority of users , clearly Dovetail like M.S. still consider fsx to be a game not a simulation

I hope they wake up one day

Yeah I have to agree on that, one of their guys actually called it a Game on their own forum, dont read on there some of the posts make you so angry you want to throw something at the monitor. People expecting it to look the business with no extra purchases and all sliders to the right...oh and if something dont work then its DTGs fault and it should be fixed NOW, P3D went to 2.5 not long ago and that caused loads of issues so it happens everywhere...I dont use multiplayer in anything but I think they believe thats the bit everyone wants.....

Wayne