The Heron's Nest: Now in P3Dv4!

Bill Womack's excellent Heron's Nest freeware has been upgraded to be P3Dv4 compatible.

hn2_12-1148x648.jpg

After a bit of tweaking, the Heron's Nest v2 is now available for Prepar3D v.4. Not much changed on the island, except for the addition of dynamic night lighting in the land and float hangars; now they'll illuminate your plane when you pull in for the night. The installer is specifically for P3Dv4, and has been added to your account on the Heron's Nest download screen.

To get it, log in to http://iblueyonder.com/ and choose "My Account". In the list of your orders, choose your Heron's Nest 2.0 order. In the list of downloads, you'll now see two files: iBY_Herons_Nest_v2, and iBY_Herons_Nest_v2_P3D4. The latter is the one you want.

If you don't already have the Heron's Nest, visit http://iblueyonder.com/portfolio/the-herons-nest/ to get your free copy.

TBH Jim, there's not a lot there, but it is a dedicated V4 product with V4 dynamic night lighting in the hangars which I haven't seen on other products yet. 

23 minutes ago, mutley said:

TBH Jim, there's not a lot there, but it is a dedicated V4 product with V4 dynamic night lighting in the hangars which I haven't seen on other products yet. 

Something to look forward to this dynamic lighting. Not sure if I'm going to install. Maybe I will and do some circuits ;)

Ok so I installed it in P3D v4 and it's a great little island. I've never really looked at it before but that runway is quite a challenge. Especially when you don't have a bush plane but only a lancair legacy lol.

I set the time to night and it looks great but I am not sure what I should be looking for in regards to the dynamic lighting?

• Like 1

From what I can gather it is an upgrade of the default lighting system that gives the developers, using the new SDK, more control of the distance and reflections of a different colored light sources. If it is used too heavily it can effect frame rates so you need to look for subtle difference when used. Others might know the full story as I only did a short search.