More Iceland X previews from Aerosoft

From Aerosoft:

It's time to officially present you some screenshots of our upcoming Iceland X product.

You will get the whole island with thousands of rivers and lakes, the small islands and huge glaciers, waterfalls, geysers,... ...and of course lots of airports, from the buzzing Reykjavik Airport to those challenging airstrips in the northern mountains.

With its unique nature, breathtaking beauty and fascinating roughness Iceland is one of the most incredible places on our planet. Iceland X will take you there, have a look:

More info can be found here http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?showtopic=40188.

This will definitely be on our review list and thanks to Micke for sending this in.

Joe

Wonder whether the volcanoes will erupt, spreading masses of ash into European airspace :th_smiles73:

Sadly it seems that it's not possible to do in FSX :001_th_smiles48:

But they did consider putting it in there....

• 2 weeks later...

Only flew though Iceland this week, on a positioning flight to the US west coast, & I was thinking 'this place is crying out for a serious scenery add-on'.

This is a great place if you like challenging instrument approaches. Heck, even the visual approached can be a real challenge, with 180 degree canyon turns etc. arm yourself with a copy of the Iceland AIP, and have *fun*! :cool:

Aerosoft has posted two more sets of preview shots in the forum.

And they are aiming for a 30th of november release for the scenery!!!

Must get that Pacific Fjords review done so I can get on with this one.. (or did Joe have something spectacular to offer as a swap??? :biggrin: )

From the looks of the preview shots the ground textures actually looks better than those in the pacific fjords scenery! :faint:

• 2 weeks later...

No problem Brian, I'm rather excited about this scenery too. Keeping my fingers crossed that we can get a review copy of it.

As a sidenote for those that hasn't spotted it in the Aerosoft forum they are also developing Antarctica X! Yes, the whole continent, with some but not all of the airbases...

I guess the landclass for that should be fairly easy.. Three words should do it.. "Here be snow" :biggrin: