MCA Designs NA Airstrips Volume 1 Released!

Hello everyone!

The MCA Designs NA Airstrips volume 1 package for North America has been released!

The price is $19.99 AUD (or $6.66 per strip!)

Volume 1 includes three different and challenging airstrips for you to put your pilot skills to the test, as well as to use as a launching platform for some great sight-seeing flights in the Pacific Northwest.

Included Airstrips:

1. 98TE Hilltop (43 Deg 19’ 19.14’’N 123 Deg 10’ 35.75’’W)
  2. 95OR Flournoy Valley (43 Deg 12’ 23.41’’N 123 Deg 31’ 53.26’’W)
  3. 8OR3 Riverview Ranch (42 Deg 56’ 03.92’’N 123 Deg 07’ 21.68’’W)

Scenery Features Common To All Airstrips:

• Realistic buildings and objects created using gMax with textures based on real aerial images.
  • Custom modelled 3D trees, grass and bushes filling the airfields and surrounding areas.
  • Large photoreal scenery areas are included around all the airstrips using licensed high-resolution 30cm/pixel source imagery. This imagery is custom-blended to fit well with the Orbx PNW textures outside of the photoreal coverage areas.
  • Thousands of hand-placed trees and houses have been added to give the airstrips and surrounding areas depth and realism, contributing to a more immersive flight.
  • Color-matched for four seasons to match perfectly with Orbx Pacific Northwest season textures. It also color-matches reasonable well with default scenery too!
  • Added audible bird sounds around airstrips for added audio immersion. Listen out for these when you cut your engine!
  • Amazing Performance - We designed this scenery package with frame rates in mind. You will find this scenery performs well on even low-spec systems with minimal frame rate impact. You will be able to enjoy a good amount of scenery detail with this package without it grinding to a frame-rate halt!
  • Package includes professionally produced user-guide in PDF format
  • If using this scenery with default FSX, the package includes and installs a custom 10m terrain mesh for enhanced realism.
  • Compatible install options for FSX default scenery, FSX with FTX PNW region pack, and Lockheed Martin Prepar3D default scenery.

Note: This scenery package is primarily designed for use with Orbx FTX Pacific Northwest region scenery (sold separately), but will also work well with default FSX scenery and default P3D scenery. While FTX PNW region scenery is recommended, it is not essential to run this package. The scenery you purchase here will include options for both default FSX and FTX PNW scenery installations.

Purchase the package for $19.99 AUD at PCAviator Australia!

http://www.pcaviator.com.au/store/product.php?productid=555144&cat=0&page=0&featured=Y

OR at PCAviator USA!

http://www.pcaviator.com/store/product.php?productid=19792

Happy flights!

MCA Designs team

MCA-NorthAmerican-Airstrips-Volume1-PCAv

I flew out of North Bend Muni near Coos Bay, Oregon to make some deliveries to these new customers I took on this week. I couldn't leave until midday because I had to wait on the supplies needed for my first stop. The truck driver called me and said he had a flat tire, so there went my early start. No loss really, gave the Cessna some much needed spit and polish while I waited. I took off from runway 34 at North Bend to a halfway decent day. Immediately turning west near Jordan Cove and over the Oregon Coast Highway, to catch the outgoing signal from the OTH VOR.

northbendkoth.jpg

I never tire of this majestic state and settle in for my first stop at Hilltop(98TE) knowing that there is an inclined runway gives me a little pause but after a flyover decide that while tricky it is doable. Looks a bit worse the closer I get but feel that it is not so bad so stay steadfast. After all my customer is paying extra for this package. Might be another story on the way out. I make my delivery after a frightening landing and hope the way out is a bit better.

hilltop95te02.jpg

Wooooo, watch out for that last step.......

hilltop95te01.jpg

Whew, that was a fun ride, he could charge admission for that thrill. Better yet, I'll have to charge him more next time. Next up is Flournoy Valley(95OR) which has a big red barn and should be easy to find as the road is close to it and the runway? should be easy to spot. Had a sweet landing, made the delivery and the fella there said I could fish in the pond anytime. Will have to bring my fishing pole next week for the next scheduled run.

flournourvalley95or02.jpg

An uneventful takeoff leaves me with having to circle around to head southwest toward my final stop before heading back to North Bend. Nice chance to get a good view of the beautiful countryside.

flournourvalley95or01.jpg

A twenty four mile flight will bring me to Riverview Ranch and my heaviest package, a tractor part, to fix an old '38 Ford. The runway is fenced in and the ranch is at the bend of a river so should be easy to find. Well I was enjoying myself so much flying through the valley that I almost passed the ranch and just happened to look back and see the tail end of the strip. Not such a bad thing because the wind is at my tail now so a loop around brought me right into position to land on the nicest runway of the day.

riverviewranch8or301.jpg

Got invited for some fresh lemonade so I pulled around the side to let my baby cool down some. No hurry to get back and it's a fine day to help out a new acquaintance with some tractor repairs. Not often you get to work on an old Ford.

riverviewranch8or302.jpg

Will have to make some excuses to the boss for being late but I am an old hand at that. Hey is that some burgers I smell cooking......... 

Not to shabby Misha for your first scenery package ;) , had a good time and am looking forward toward some more flights into these diverse strips.    

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...