Air Arctic - Yup... Its on!

Air Hauler... Installed.

New Company.. Started. "Air Arctic"

So hello everyone! New to Air hauler I guess... Been using FSX for fun for a while.. Last week I got Air Hauler. HOLY crap time just flies...

Been reading on the forum a bit and everyone here seems to be just as hooked to this thing as i am....

My new company is called Air Arctic and is based in Storuman, Sweden (ESUD). A small business focusing on the needs of the people above the polar circle! Great fun flying around in the summer with sunshine 24/7... and also in the winter with darkness 24/7...

So, ive started out pretty good. I have two pilots working for me (they have flown quite som time and no crashes...) and i own three aircraft, two Cessna 172 and one Beech Baron 58.

The problem I have right now is getting a nice paint for my company. It seems SO HARD!! Download this and that... I just want my planes white with a bit of blue at the tail and "Air Arctic" written on the side... How hard should it be?

Anyways... Hope to se you out there!

Regards

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

Welcome! Looks like you made a great start up north :)

For painting I suggest you find blank paint kits for your planes to start with if you haven't done that already. You should also get the program DXTBmp to convert for example Photoshop files to BMP or DXT files FSX can read.

There are several repainting tutorials on YouTube or elsewhere on the interwebs.

As for the painting part itself. Be creative, but don't make it too complex. Believe me, I think I put more time into painting my airplanes than actually flying them :P

If you need any advise or have specific questions, feel free to ask me here or send me a PM :)

Best regards,

Menno

The Netherlands

Ok... That didnt work very well...

Sorry.

Thanks for the advice Menno!

I will start experementing!

And Bobby... The failed photo in previous post was for you... Its the thought that counts eh?

Peace!

//Daniel

Welcome aboard, Daniel,

For repaints, if you're willing to spend a few bucks for payware, it's hard to beat FS Repaint (V2) by Abacus.  It does a great job and has a fairly shallow learning curve that isolates you from most of the file handling foibles of compressed bitmaps and all that.  It goes for about $30 USD.

John

Welcome aboard, Daniel,

For repaints, if you're willing to spend a few bucks for payware, it's hard to beat FS Repaint (V2) by Abacus.  It does a great job and has a fairly shallow learning curve that isolates you from most of the file handling foibles of compressed bitmaps and all that.  It goes for about $30 USD.

John

On sale now for $25.00