777 crash pilots names, Unreal, ROFL

I know this is about a serious and tragic event but I laughed my butt off at that one. If that was a genuine broadcast and not a hoax, that woman is dumb as a brick and the guy (or woman) who put that graphic and script together must really hate the presenter, lol.

Asiana says the false report "seriously damaged their reputation" and are threatening legal action against the TV station and the NTSB. 

Asiana dudes - get a grip.  A severe clear CFIT at the end of a 15 NM daylight, straight-in, visual approach seriously damaged your reputation.  The rest is fly manure in the pepper.   You need to be angry with your employees who wrecked your reputation AND your airplane and killed three people.  Lashing out at those who poke fun at you, however insensitive or ignorant they were, is not going to do anything to repair your reputation.

John

Bl**dy idiots! As has been said, their rep has been dissed and lies in ruins on the runway, They must have realised that everyone would take the p**s out of them! They should take a chill pill and get over it! LOL ! :thum:

What really makes me dispair at the state of humanity is that not a single person on the production staff of that news station or the news anchor smelled a rat when they saw those names. I would presume they're all intelligent people with degrees up the wazoo and they still didn't spot it. They're what are known as "lighthouses in the desert"..... Very bright but bugger all use.

Actually, the TV station's reputation suffered far more than Asiana's from that little article.  Morons all, except for the lawyers, who will be enriched no matter who prevails legally.

John

What really makes me dispair at the state of humanity is that not a single person on the production staff of that news station or the news anchor smelled a rat when they saw those names. I would presume they're all intelligent people with degrees up the wazoo and they still didn't spot it. They're what are known as "lighthouses in the desert"..... Very bright but bugger all use.

Since when have you seen an intlligent newscaster, I cant think of many Walter Cronkite in America  comes to mind and perhaps one or two in the UK who have cast their earthly coil,

but most especially the women are employed as eye candy, and those that have the ability to read an autoscan, however some are notoriously bad remember Michael Fish ? he couldnt tell you the weather correctly in 5 minutes time and we gave him a nighthood!!!

So I am not surprised some copper dyed blonde didnt pick it up. 

As John says the only winners are the guy that originally wrote those names down (because he made millions laugh) and the lawyers, who havent a single thread of humour in their miserable lives

Intelligent newscasters eh, Sir Trevor Macdonald, Andrew Marr, Moira Stewart, John Humphries to name but a few. The BBC and ITV are very careful when choosing their broadcasters. The Brits are probably the best when it comes to trustworthy newscasters. ....Which is why half the world listens to, and relies on the BBC World Service!

But then there are the real gems like 'Kay Burley' who asks the wife of a serial killer if she thinks her husband would have murdered all those people if they'd had a better sex life and reduces Peter Andre to tears asking him about his divorce. Oh and don't forget breaking the news live on air to a search party that the little girl they're searching for has been declared dead. Not to mention grabbing another female journalist around the throat and pinning her against a wall. That woman must have a rock solid contract....... Bless her cotton socks.