Adding Fuel points

I seem to have a few add on and FSX original airfields where there are no refueling facilities.

Is there an easy way to add the ability to call a truck to refuel or even to add a fuel point?

John,

In short, no and these are meant to represent the real world situation at those airports (though I am sure some are incorrect).  You have to get into scenery design, if you want to add fuel points, otherwise just pretend and top up the tanks manually

I use the lack of a fuel point at any airport as part of my flight planning considerations, just to add a level of realism to the equation.  All my flights are flown with real weather downloads and there's been more than one occasion where I have encountered unexpected head winds and had to divert to an alternate to refuel.

Cheers

Andrew

I use the lack of a fuel point at any airport as part of my flight planning considerations, just to add a level of realism to the equation.  All my flights are flown with real weather downloads and there's been more than one occasion where I have encountered unexpected head winds and had to divert to an alternate to refuel.

Thanks Andrew, I should be doing this as well.  Is there an easy way to see if an airport has a fueling point when planning?

I once tried in the past to add a fuel point as a plain scenery object and it does not work as a refueling point so like Andrew said using ADE would be your best bet. 

I have found that most large airports(solid blue on FSX map) and the midsize ones(solid maroon in color) have fuel stations and the smaller ones(empty maroon circle) do not. I have always used this as a general rule and probably read this in the Learning Center at some point. I am not aware of any listing or info available that will tell you which ones do or do not.

If only someone made free airport diagrams from FS data that showed fuel pump locations or a "No Fuel Pump" notation.  Those might be really useful for all kinds of things, including flight planning...  ;)

John

If only someone made free airport diagrams from FS data that showed fuel pump locations or a "No Fuel Pump" notation.  Those might be really useful for all kinds of things, including flight planning...  ;)

John

Hehe, I meant in FSX. :D

Thanks Andrew, I should be doing this as well.  Is there an easy way to see if an airport has a fueling point when planning?

John,

If you use Plan-G (and if you don't, I strongly recommend it because it is such a fantastic flight planning tool), by right clicking on an airport symbol and selecting 'Show Airport Diagram', if the airport has a refueling point, it displays as a yellow circle.  :thum:

Cheers

Andrew