FTX Northern Ireland and UK2000 Belfast Aldergrove

A handful of screenshots taken during a quick flight from EGAA Belfast Aldergrove to EGAC Belfast City. Please note that I am using UK2000 Belfast Aldergrove Xtreme with FTX Northern Ireland. I include screenshots of it here to show that it blends very nicely with the FTX Northern Ireland scenery, and also because it's much better than the FTX version. The Beechcraft Turbine Duke is courtesy of RealAir Simulations.

Framerates were very good throughout the flight, and I have everything running at maximum detail levels (with the exception of water, which is set to Mid.2.x). I run FSX at 1280x1024 resolution on a 19" TFT monitor, and my graphics settings (via Nvidia Inspector) are 8xS AA, 2xSGSS, and 16xAF. You can see my PC specification under my name, and my i5 2500k CPU is overclocked at 4.3Ghz.

It's worth noting that the colours look a lot brighter when the Sun is high in the sky. I know that might sound obvious, but the UK photographic scenery tends to look a bit "harsh" in broad daylight, whereas the FTX scenery is at its best in these conditions. I took a few screenshots earlier today during a quick flight not long after sunrise, but the colours looked a bit "drab" compared to the ones in the screenshots below. I may still post a couple, so that you can see the difference.

sb848uaftk8q6ma4g.jpg

ii7vjdvrrsghtk74g.jpg

74f5r99q2nac88v4g.jpg

66iyslsshudgjky4g.jpg

6vco8h6fw2dfsn74g.jpg

95ehm1xbxl6kern4g.jpg

5enjci1rezo76lu4g.jpg

p03r7rc540ad8iz4g.jpg

pes33m9hzhyb46f4g.jpg

It's a nice shot but I only see one. :(  Are the rest in the map pocket. :D  I have been waiting for some shots of Orbx's Ireland from folks, the ones from the company are always too nice.

EDIT: Ahh there they are, my laptop is running slow today for some reason. Well done Chris. :thum: The scenery looks pretty good and the Duke does too! 

I edited my post as I see them now.

Thanks for showing them, I am glad to get a good looksee. Nice shots with good angles. 

Are you happy with your first purchase, I was reading most of your banter with Kevin on the other thread where you said you did not have any of the FTX regions yet. I like their products but sometimes the coloring can be a bit over the top. For example, in your cool looking second shot there is a lime green field in the lower right hand corner. Looks like a nuclear dumping site. :D Other than that I like the rich look of the scenery and they give great autogen.  

I like their products but sometimes the coloring can be a bit over the top. For example, in your cool looking second shot there is a lime green field in the lower right hand corner. Looks like a nuclear dumping site.

Yes, that particular field spoils the shot!

It isn't the only anomaly that I have spotted so far in FTX Northern Ireland. I mentioned in the main thread that there is a terrain anomaly (quite a large one) somewhere north and east of EGAA Belfast Aldergrove that has buildings rising up steep slopes, and others hanging over the edge of cliffs! There is also a strange texture that looks a bit like a quarry, but without the depth to it that a real quarry would have. It looks very out of place, so I do not know why they have used it at all. I will try to get screenshots of these (and any other anomalies that I see).

Your image server might be shrinking them down because they are less than half that size. I do not use MediaFire so can not help you but there might be a setting somewhere that allows for upload sizing to actual size.