a few questions for the experts and a little about me

Hi I am not sure if I am putting this question in the right place

I have 2 questions

1 I get something similar to OOM  but fsx does not stop working or says that it has a problem It just Restarts, normally if I press the menu bar at the top of fsx

2 I have just downloaded  file UIAutomation Core dill but I am told to drag and drop this file into FSX but where do I actually put it (what folder)

My rig is Win 7 i5 3 MHz. FSX Hard drive 1tbt. Ganeward 560 TI video card 1gig of ram on board. 8 gig of ram (Not overclocked)

Cheers in advance Mike :)

No Patrick that is not right.  You place the UIAutomationCore dll in the FSX folder only.

Then if you open the FSX folder you will see all the FSX folders going down from Addon scenery at the top to Weather the last folder.

Then under the folders all the documents appear starting with ablscpt dll going down to xuipc dll being the last.

You just drag and drop the UIA document from where you have downloaded place it over the FSX folder and let go.

Then if you open your FSX folder it will be towards the bottom of the stack.

like this:

fvBtn.jpg

B1a8.jpg

D5geK.jpg

You can now see the UIA file highlighted.

Hi I am not sure if I am putting this question in the right place

I have 2 questions

1 I get something similar to OOM  but fsx does not stop working or says that it has a problem It just Restarts, normally if I press the menu bar at the top of fsx

2 I have just downloaded  file UIAutomation Core dill but I am told to drag and drop this file into FSX but where do I actually put it (what folder)

My rig is Win 7 i5 3 MHz. FSX Hard drive 1tbt. Ganeward 560 TI video card 1gig of ram on board. 8 gig of ram (Not overclocked)

Cheers in advance Mike

mike you are getting a ctd, crash to desktop this is generally caused by something in your fsx.cfg telling the graphics card to try to punch above its weight copy and paste your fsx .cfg here so that I can see what may be the cause

sorry James that does not work either and I had high hopes :(

if I am siting on runaway or a stand and if I  take longer  than 15mins to program my flight  my jonick just freezes up, I unplugged the stick but  my keyboard is also frozen up waiting 10mins like previously for the program to recover also no longer  works

Patrick, you have a serious problem somewhere on you system as it should not react like you are saying.

Is FSX in the games folder or have you got it in a separate folder or disk?

Have you got any other program running when you start FSX? (Including you internet connection)?

What alterations have you made including scenery, cfg, etc.,

Have you got all the correct programs installed for your extras?

Because something is causing a major conflict in the system..

I agree fully James, I see you have divided your hard drive in 2 with hard drive D mainly used for FSX products. I need to do that my HD is 2tb and I bought this one mainly for simming, there is very little else on here. Yes I fly on the internet all the time I moved the other computer into the bedroom and my wife has a laptop downstairs in kitchen all connected up on my network. How did you post those images of your computer hard drive on here, so I can show you my set up. PS My wife is also from the Valleys Tree Orchy and her mum lives in Caerphilly

Well first thing is, you go to Libraries, then open the drive and take a screenshot. (Press Prt Scr button)  Then open in Paint give it a name and save it as a jpeg.

Then go to here: http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/

Press select files and it will take you to your computer picture files. Select the file  (highlight) you want to publish click open

You will now see the file name it appear in the box.  Press Upload

The image will now appear, but you have to select how you want it to publish.

Scroll down the page to the Direct Links section.  The one that says BBCode place your cursor inside and press left mouse button.

The code will highlight, press right mouse button and select Copy.  Go to the Mutley page you have open and in the answer box and press Paste.

The code will appear in the answer box, not a picture but when you press Post the image will appear on the posted section page.

You may have to try a couple of times to get it right, but once you master it you will be able to join the screenshot section.

Also, good to know you are in the best of Welsh hands, tell your wife I am from Ystrad Mynach (that got you) go on say it.  :D  :D

Any probs let me know :thum:

Gold Star placed into your learning book, now you will be able to acquire the "vkey finger syndrome" and place your shots on the screenshot section.  Almost there on the pronunciation, well done. 

What or who do you connect too for flying online?  I am thinking of speaking rather than writing could be better?

If you wish to say via PM rather than public then PM me

:)

no James I do not actuality fly online but intend to as soon as soon as Vatsim go to button control I just use at the moment it for live weather updates but I  think I will be  getting Radar CONTACT in the future as its button controlled. Do you need to see inside of any of my files