Knobs !  Specifically those horrid black plastic ones on the Saitek Radio and MFU panels...

Having finally got too annoyed with the knobs being too small, too tight to turn, and worse still, not matching up with the setting legend, I went on a quest for some replacements.

For a couple of quid, I have perfect knobs which are a lot more robust, have a little screw-head to allow fine adjustment anchoring to the spindle, and now point to the right radio/AP setting.

I got mine from Maplin.. (Matt finish knob K14B). The 19.5mm diameter fits perfectly..

Jobs a good 'un :thumbup:

Minx

Nothing like a quality knob. :thum: Enjoy.

I have been reading in other places about how everyone is changing their knobs because the default ones are just plain useless. When will these companies wake up, makes you wonder if the guys in charge actually test their wares out.  :(  

Can you share a picture please?

SaitekKnob_zpsf1c7f153.jpg

Here you go.

I had already chucked out the packing so I can't be more specific with the reference.. Mine are 19.5mm diameter and have a little brass screw in one side (see left hand pic). I think they call them Collet Knobs but I guess the description differs depending on where you get them from.

These ones work perfectly :-)

Minx

Another thing that struck me about the Saitek radio panels when I had them is that they were insanely large for GA-style radios! Literally more than twice the size of any real radio unit.

probably just as well for me.. the eyes are slipping.. bigger the better ;)

@ hlminx -> What is that Lancaster-looking thing in your avatar image? Something there is WAY out of scale.

John

Its a photo of one of the ATA pilots in front of a Sterling Bomber. I believe it was Joan Hughes a British ATA girl. She wasnt that tall but the Sterling is huge so it looks like scale is off.

:D

Minx