Yet another 787 BBQ

for the life of me I cannot understand why boeing is persevering with these batteries which have already caused at least 2 747 crashes.by self igniting in the sir when being transported,. the difference in weight by going back to the well proven lead acid batteries is less than a full suitcase. It is interesting to note that airbus have learnt the lesson from the nightmare liner and done just that with the A350.

I note that boeing are crowing that the latest mod stopped the situation from getting worse, however batteries should not run away like that regardless of what safety measures you put in place.

Is it pride that is stopping them from making a U turn or sheer bull headedness? either way there is every chance that there will be a much more serious accident in the future which will force their hand, I do hope that i am wrong.

I can only see this as yet another damaging problem to the 787 programme.  If boeing don't get their actogether soon the Airbus will simply corner the market.. just a though but I wonder what would happen if EADS/Airbus were to make a hostile takeover of Boeing!

.. just a though but I wonder what would happen if EADS/Airbus were to make a hostile takeover of Boeing!

The yanks would never let that happen besides they are nearly broke themselves, howevever the chinese????

It is interesting to see how and why Boeing are suffering there are a lot of parallels with the UK motor industry ie top heavy with management that dont know how to manage, unions unwilling to negotiate, quality control, it will be interesting to watch the final outcome .

It is interesting to see how and why Boeing are suffering there are a lot of parallels with the UK motor industry ie top heavy with management that dont know how to manage, unions unwilling to negotiate, quality control, it will be interesting to watch the final outcome .

Aye, there be trouble up airport ....... Flying pickets as well I dare say!