Beach rescue by Wales Air Ambulance

Having missed the arrival (and departure), by helicopter, of HRH Princess Ann, recently, at the hotel "at the bottom of our garden", I was in seventh heaven today! There I was, minding my own business, giving the cows some silage, when a red helo went over me, turning back towards the sea. When he repeated the manouvre, I realised he was about to land on the beach. Brilliant red colour - must be the Wales Air Ambulance - and, it was.

Pam and I ran (Oh Ha Ha!, Ed) down the fields (all three of them), scrambled over the fence, across the road and dived down the cliff path to take these shots:

Making the patient comfortable.....

WAADruidston053.jpg

Stretcher aboard.....

WAADruidston055.jpg

Lift off........

WAADruidston059.jpg

Into the wind and gaining a bit of height.....

WAADruidston060.jpg

Turning back towards the local hospital (Haverfordwest)......

WAADruidston062.jpg

I don't know how badly injured the 'patient' was - I guess it will be in the local paper and I'll update the post when I get more info.

Cheers - Dai.

Mutley's Hangar Roving Co-respondent.... ;)

Dai,

Great shots! You're an opportunist! Thanks for sharing this.

There seems to be something red colored next to the large rock, top right. Any idea what that is?

John

Piloting an air ambulance is something I wouldn't mind doing someday. Great shots Dai, very interesting :-)

Takes in both your interests Dave, shame it is a helo, perhaps you could start up a flying doctor service in Oz ;)

Cheers

Thanks for the tip, Joe - here's my first assignment as free-lance action photographer:

http://www.westerntelegraph.co.uk/news/latest/display.var.2164540.0.unconscious_rider_airlifted_from_beach.php

I was miffed they didn't credit my credentials from The Hangar, and don't worry, I won't be giving up the day job (What job? Ed!)

Cheers - Dai. :mrhappy:

Well done Dai :clap:

I can see the bright lights of stardom beckoning!

Shame you couldn't get a plug in for the farm, you should have volunteered for an interview too :thum:

Cheers

Piloting an air ambulance is something I wouldn't mind doing someday. Great shots Dai, very interesting :-)

Takes in both your interests Dave, shame it is a helo, perhaps you could start up a flying doctor service in Oz :thum:

Cheers

Or I could take the pay cut and fly the B200 for the Scottish Air Ambulance. Aaah...

Well done on getting your photo in the paper Dai!