Glasgow to Barra British Airways Virtual service

Here's some pics of an unusual BAv flight I recently did. Glasgow EGPF to Barra EGPR in the Outer Hebrides. Landing at the airport on a beach runway was a new experience!

Here we are on the ramp at Glasgow loading passengers/bags:

Glasgow.jpg

Shortly after leaving Glasgow on Rwy 5:

OverScotland.jpg

The weather took a turn for the worse crossing the sea:

Cloudyweather.jpg

Parked at the Barra terminal:

ParkedatBarra.jpg

The beach landing area:

Beachlanding.jpg

Hope you enjoy!  :D

• Like 1

I like the Aerosoft - Twin Otter Extended and Barra is the perfect place, it's right at home. It think it was the first place I flew to with mine.

Nice colorful and crisp shots Adrian. :thum:

• Like 1

I like the Aerosoft - Twin Otter Extended and Barra is the perfect place, it's right at home. It think it was the first place I flew to with mine.

Nice colorful and crisp shots Adrian. :thum:

Thanks Brett, I need a BN2 also but I'll check that one out mate.

Adrian

I'll have to try one of those as I don't have one in my hangar. Can you recommend a good one? 

Thanks guys.

Adrian, Flight One Software do an excellent BN 2 Islander available from Just Flight, great for island hopping anywhere. :thum: 

I'll have to try one of those as I don't have one in my hangar. Can you recommend a good one? 

Thanks guys.

Adrian, Flight One Software do an excellent BN 2 Islander available from Just Flight, great for island hopping anywhere. :thum: 

Thanks hifly, I've seen this one on their site but didn't know if it was any good. You've put my mind at rest now so I think I'll go for it.

I read that the Islander had the highest number of exports of a UK manufactured plane. 30 years ago I would see one in almost every boondock airfield in Asia.

+ They were made on the Isle of Wight, my birthplace, so they're sort of in my DNA. :)