Airfix and Revell announce new collaboration

Airfix creators of models since 1939 and Revell (1945) have today announced that as scale model sales are on the slide they intend to enter the airliner business.

A spokesman from the companies said that they had unparalleled experience in the manufacture of plastic aircraft in house, and that they were scaling up ther operation unlike Boeing who only had a few years experience and who still needs to get parts made all around the world. Having Visited the Boeing plant on several occasions one airfix employee was heard to comment that they were already well ahead with the project and that joining up the sections only took a few seconds with their patented rapid glue, unlike Boeing who took several days.

The head of engineering  mr Bob Popoff announced that Airfix/Revell have a unique safety record having produced aircraft for more than 60 years without a single fatal accident

we have been lucky enough to have been secreted a quick video showing this new super glue in action.

v0ju8rpuvfyvuyeqbfwt.gif

• Like 2

Nice one Nigel. The only fatalities for me was dropping a blob of glue on a new pair of jeans and some ac and ships were eventually destroyed by airgun pellets and bangers. I put some fairly convincing bullet holes in with a hot needle.

@ Chris, I've been badgering JF to develop a quality VC10, their response has been an ambiguous maybe, so there is hope. :) 

Geoff,

I spoke to Martyn Northall at the FlightSim Show yesterday about future possibilities for the "Canberra" line of products, and I mentioned that many people seem to want a VC10. He told me that one of the main reasons why they have not done this already is because of the huge amount of work involved. He said that the Engineers Station alone would probably take as long to create as an entire VC in another plane! I am sure that we can all agree that, if a VC10 is ever developed, it needs to be a serious professional version. Only the best is good enough for one of Britain's finest ever aircraft ;)

Maybe we can come to a compromise, and get them to develop a BAC 1-11?

Hi Chris, re the VC10 Rich from JF said the same on their forum a while back but I know it has it's fans among JF staff, there's always hope. As you say, a 1-11 would be a good compromise, I've also been badgering them for a quality Bristol Britannia but they don't seem too keen on that. :(

Really enjoyed your Cosford report especially as I couldn't make it this year, sounds like it was bigger and better than last years. Hoping there'll be one next year and if so try to get everyone of Mutley's motley crew to meet at a certain time there.

Glad that you enjoyed the show. :thum:

Any VC-10 would have to be good. DMs one done a few years ago still stands the test of time and is a fabulous model of this iconic aircraft, as is his BAC 1-11, Trident and Comet. An aircraft I would love to see given the proper treatment is the Short Skyvan. There are a few freeware ones around and they are pretty good, but a properly developed one with both Civil and Military liveries would be something I'd pay good money for.

Lack of a decent quality VC is a deal breaker for me. No VC that I have ever seen in a freeware plane is anywhere near the level of detail and texture resolution that I require. To be honest, the plane that I would probably like to see most of all is a HS748 with a super detailed VC. The Rick Piper HS748 is very nice, but I really can't deal with that VC.

it would be nice if DM could update his a/c to work in fsx , i did have both and thought they were excellent his trident was top notch equally as good as pmdg stuff IMHO

HS748??? god awful plane to fly in reality

• 5 years later...
On 05/10/2014 at 18:22, Christopher Low said:

Lack of a decent quality VC is a deal breaker for me. No VC that I have ever seen in a freeware plane is anywhere near the level of detail and texture resolution that I require. To be honest, the plane that I would probably like to see most of all is a HS748 with a super detailed VC. The Rick Piper HS748 is very nice, but I really can't deal with that VC.

Lightweight.................. :)   Come on Chris