TA Software announce new Plan-G v3.1.2 build 101

Tim Arnot, the brains behind Plan-G has announced the latest iteration of this award winning donation ware -

To Download Plan-G, please go to the main Plan-G page on the web site and click on the DOWNLOAD link.

3.1.2 Features:
* QuickPlan dialog will now load the active flightplan for easy keyboard editing
* Override buttons to draw markers at all zooms
* Active area for user aircraft “sync” mode is now slightly smaller than the map window (should prevent the aircraft disappearing off the edge)
* Information panel now displays Lat/Lon of navaids
* Added save selection as snippet in FP list window
* Delete works across multiple selected legs in FP list window
* Support for shortcuts to airport diagram charts (allows use of STAR charts from John Allard)
* KML Multiple Geometry support (Ongoing – please report any kml files that won’t open, on the forum)

Fixes:
* Flight plans crossing the International Date Line drew lines right across the map
* Temperature error if temp or dewpoint < -9 degrees
* Export FS9/FSX incorrectly sets alternate as destination in header
* Crash on setting Minimums Alert sound file
* Edit Plan dragging failed if connected to FS and Update WX Local set

I've just been playing with it. Tim has included support for Windows Shortcut files in the Charts feature in this version (in addition to the formerly supported jpgs and pdfs).  This change now allows one copy of a STAR to be placed anywhere in the Charts location and then using a series of (tiny) Shortcut files named for each airport to which the STAR applies.  Airport diagrams and approach plates were not a problem because they only applied to one airport.  STARs were more difficult because those can apply to many airports.  This change makes it easy to have the applicable STARs show up for an airport.  In one of my test cases, a 300K STAR file can be opened in Plan-G using a 1K  Shortcut file.

I've tried that and it works perfectly. Hats off to Tim again!!!   :hat:

John

• Like 1

Here's an example of what you can now do.  Note the flyout menu contains SIDs, STARs, IAPs and all the plates of my Airport Diagrams.  With the addition of the support for Windows Shortcuts, you really could include most anything on this menu.

John

Plan-GCharts.jpg

• Like 1

I'm glad you pointed out that Plan-G is 'Donation ware' Joe.

It would be nice if everyone using Tims excellent add-on would donate even £1, although I see that as a paltry amount considering what you get with Plan-G.

Thanks Tim for another fine update.