FSX and P3D VC zoom

I found my old FSX box recently and installed it on its own HDD. Its a deluxe with SP2 (no acceleration)

After having used P3Dv2 for a while, It was strange to come into th VC cockpit of the FSX. When comparing two identical AC installed into P3D and FSX, on the same zoom level, the FSX dashboard (is that the right word) is some 50% or more bigger than the P3D version.

In FSX, I end up moving the eyepoint so far back that its on top of the back of the seat and with 70% zoom, its just about acceptable that way. The problem is that a lower zoom level changes the outside world a lot.

In P3D, I use 90 or 100% zoom.

Is there something that I do wrong and is there something I can do about it?. Some tweak or other?

Besides that, it was interesting going "back" to fsx. I came directly from FS9 to P3D.  There are things that I like more in P3D, but not that much and there are also a few things that I prefer in FSX. Its still obvious that P3D is a close relative to FSX.

I had a bad relationship with FSX when it came out. I bought it right away and it was just trouble, so after a while it got deinstalled and I went back to FS2004 and swore never again. But here I am.

Aahhh, that was nice. Thanks a lot, its higly appreciated. You just turned my FSX into a flyable sim. :thum:

I havent made any tweaks at all, but I can see that maybe I should start investigating a bit. I installed FSX because I found the box, had a free first partition on a hdd and because of curiosity. Turns out that I like and will use it for some things that doesnt work in P3D

When I built the PC, I read a looong website bookarrow-10x10.png called "the bible" on how to set up a PC for flightsimming only. I did all the windows tweaks, but I havent done any tweaks to P3D or FSX.