Don't forget folks in the UK, tomorrow, Sat 04/04/15 17.00hrs on ITV the new Thunderbirds CGI. I'll give it a look to see if it matches the original series.

Got me thinking though, the characters in the original 60's series would be pushing their mid 70s and some by now.

Not so much FAB but FLAB. ;)

Lady Penelope (Sylvia Anderson), is 88 now and Parker (David Graham) will be 90 in July!
A remake with older puppets would be funny. I'm not so sure about CGI tho'  :huh:

Don't forget folks in the UK, tomorrow, Sat 04/04/15 17.00hrs on ITV the new Thunderbirds CGI. I'll give it a look to see if it matches the original series.

Got me thinking though, the characters in the original 60's series would be pushing their mid 70s and some by now.

Not so much FAB but FLAB. ;)

Nope, you're forgetting something very important. Brains is very cleaver, he has perfected an anti-aging medication. Something to do with telomeres I believe.

Lady Penelope (Sylvia Anderson), is 88 now and Parker (David Graham) will be 90 in July!

A remake with older puppets would be funny. I'm not so sure about CGI tho'  :huh:

The remake with older puppets would be something like this.

An arthritic Parker is chauffeuring a gin sizzled, fag puffing Lady Penelope around the dilapidated mansion on a mobility scooter.

Jeff Tracey has turned Tracey Island into a Thunderbirds theme park, he's at his desk, counting cash with one of the Angels from Captain Scarlet on his lap.

John has been marooned on Thunderbird 5 for the last 30 years owing to a docking incident.

Gordon is in and out of rehab.

Alan has a small chicken farm in North Dakota.

Tin Tin is a madam in a Bangkok brothel.

The Hood is CEO of a global IT and petro-chemical conglomerate.

etc...   

• Like 2

I think I'll stick with Team America - "**** Yeah!!"

Mind you, the new Thunderbird boys look wery nice:

b3929812bd9eb48960e7df30cfc5fe58_zpso5yn

Will you be updating your avatars, Lads (and Lasses!)?!?

Cheers - Dai. :old-git:

I don't know. One of them looks a lot like Justin Beiber.

A remake with older puppets would be funny. I'm not so sure about CGI tho' :huh:

I didn't know there is a CGI version. You can't beat the original though. But they were marionettes, not puppets. I think it would be funny to see a remake with senior citizen marionettes.

They did a live action remake not too long ago. I think it was a bit of a let down though

My favourite from th OS was Shane Rimmer. He was the voice of Scott Tracey..but he was also the sub captain in The Spy who loved me ( my fave 007 movie). Hopefully the new version is on catchup as I missed it!

My favourite from th OS was Shane Rimmer. He was the voice of Scott Tracey..but he was also the sub captain in The Spy who loved me ( my fave 007 movie). Hopefully the new version is on catchup as I missed it!

You are correct. He was the sub captain. That is my second favorite Bond movie and I caught it on cable again last week.

Thunderbirds was great, but you can't beat Stingray.

"I am calling battle stations! Anything can happen in the next half hour!"

Stingray? Too many SUB plots. :th_blush:

• Like 1

It started last week on Saturday evening, got mixed reviews, Most of us old die hards, (I saw the Original series when it was first launched!) were not that impressed tbh. The ships look more like toys than ever, not so much in their design but how they are filmed. For what ar supposed to be computerised aircraft they bounce around like corks in a barrell in some shots. Other parts are very contrived and implausable.( Fab 1 looked like it was driving through Teletubby land at one point!)

The music as stated was far too intrusive and the annoying 5 4 3 2 1 coundown at every launch was just plain stupid.

Virgil tracy would have had his arms ripped out of their sockets every time he made that leap of faith into his craft at the end of his slide! If he missed he'd smash his face on the hatch coaming! (A manual hatch not automatic as found on T2 originally.)

In short it's like the curates egg, good in parts but crap in others. I just hope it gets better as the series develops, but I won't build my hopes up. I expected a lot, I liked bits of it, but overall was dissapointed.

I remember 'Space Patrol', puppet animation from the early 60's on UK TV. My favourite line was from the Neptunians, who said "... we prefer human slaves" in hilarious falsetto voices, as in this episode:

Not that I'm suggesting that Thunderbirds are inferior, just less funny! In fact, they're almost too serious for their own good.

Ciao - Dai. :old-git: