Isle of Man getaway

Nice shots mate love earth sims iom

That isn't Earth Simulations Isle of Man. The ES version is vastly more detailed.

This is the boxed ES version of the Isle of Man Chris.  I purchased from FlightStore UK when ES were sinking.  I also purchased Guernsey boxed but the installer is useless as it say's IOM-setup.  So I am not impressed with ES, no wonder they sunk.. 

I know I put ES IOM but yeah I had a doubt when looking at the ground textures.

Do you have some conflicting scenery do you think?

I have the download version and it's a shame that they went under because when they were active they were very helpful and produced great addons.

If only someone else could have taken the products off their hands and hosted them. Not sure why that did not happen?

Now all the people that bought their products in the sale feel ripped off without support.

There's no answer to these questions obviously and unfortunately that's the state we who purchased the products are in.

Sorry James I'm with Chris, whats in your screenshots is NOT ES IOM :( Something must have gone wrong somewhere...

Cheers K

Kevin, I only have ES IOM as a 4 disc set and Guernsey as a 2 disc set from FlightStore UK. I bought them as recommended by a few of you on Mutley's when ES was going under.

I was not to happy with the time it took to transfer from disc to computer, then when all was transferred the installer said; will now install to FSX.

I have never known such a cockeyed way of installing and as Guernsey can not be installed due to a cockup with the installer

(they use the IOM setup on the Guernsey disk) so the computer is telling me to uninstall that version before it can install Guernsey.

I think the bin might be the best place for them both..  Unless you know better?  :)

EDIT:

Just looked for IOM in the scenery files in FSX and they have not installed, so my apologies to all for the shots above..  So it looks like both disc's are duff.

No dont bin them James, they are complicated sceneries and cant just install to one directory like some other products...

Lets see if we can get you sorted...I havent ever had a problem downloading and installing stuff, so its always been seamless and good for me :)

ES going under was a shock to me as well, still a little bit in denial hoping Darren and Vikki will pop up any day again, but lets see if we can help you to a better conclusion than throw it in the bin eh?

K

First thing I guess is, what does your scenery library day is active and installed please?

Think we cross posted there... you shouldnt have duff disks I would think, hve you got an install code in the box?

here is the solution given to me by Tony Meredith when I could not install the IOM scenery

1. If you have any other Earth Simulations Scenery installed, delete ESI from the computer using Add/Remove programmes or the equivalent in your Operating System. You would expect ESI to work with all the ES products, it doesn't! It will tell you it is going to delete all your scenery if you uninstall it. It doesn't do that either, it just uninstalls itself.
2. If you have room on a hard drive, create a new folder, call it what you want as long as you can find it again. Copy all the files of all the discs so they reside in the one folder you created.
3. Locate the ESI/Setup file and RIGHT click on it and select to Run as Administrator. It will install ESI again but the version for the scenery it relates to. (There is a version 2.5 on the Internet but that only works with the ES Servers, you don't want it).
4. The install will proceed and should read the files from the folder, it may try to connect to the ES servers and download the same files. If it tries that just disconnect your Network cable and it will default to the location you have given it. Quite early on it will ask for your serial code. After that it will take some time to install to the location you have chosen. Do not select to install to Program Files(x86) it will cause problems due to the Operating Systems User Access Control.
5. Once installed and working correctly you can delete the folder you created and its contents to regain disc space.
6. There is a patch available via the Flightstore forum to remove an unwanted water spike about a mile off Rwy 26 at Ronaldsway. It will 'bite' if you take-off and maintain a runway heading, otherwise you may never see it.

• Like 1

james, i forgot to add that when you look at the scenery manager in fsx there is a correct sequence in which the directories should be , if they are not in the right sequence certain things will not show, Darren at ES helped me with this one, if you have any probs PM me

Please let us know how you get on, James. ES Isle of Man is (IMO) one of the best scenery packages that has ever been developed for FSX. You will be astonished by the level of detail across the entire island when you get it working properly. ES Guernsey is also extremely impressive, which is why I am so disappointed that we will never see an ES Jersey :(

Please let us know how you get on, James. ES Isle of Man is (IMO) one of the best scenery packages that has ever been developed for FSX. You will be astonished by the level of detail across the entire island when you get it working properly. ES Guernsey is also extremely impressive, which is why I am so disappointed that we will never see an ES Jersey :(

Make your own!

Kevin has made a good start as well, and it mixes very well with the uk2000 airport

Yes, I am well aware of Kevin's little project. Whilst I am amzed by what he has done so far, you can't argue that Earth Simulations were one of the top FS software developers where UK stuff was concerned. ES Jersey would have been amazing. We need a whip around for Darren and Vikki. I'll start it off with two shiny pound coins. Who's next? :)