Sure I read somewhere but for the life of me can't remember where (perils of getting old) but there is a certain order to installing OrbX and REX etc.

I have as follows :-

Orbx FTX Global

Orbx FTX Vectors

Orbx LC Europe

Orbx FTX Trees HD

Orbx England,Wales,Scotland,Nth/Sth Ireland.

Orbx Norway

REX4 Texture Direct

REX Softclouds

Pilot's Global FTX 2010

Active Sky Next

If there is a certain method of installing these could someone enlighten me please as to that order !

It would be much appreciated as I have to do a full install due to harddrive failure and would like to get it right.

Or the altzeimers is getting worse and I imagined it all :rofl:

Best Rgds

Paul and Thank you

Sounds good to me, ORBX products usually find their respective place in the FSX library. Don't forget to install the latest ORBX library after scenery installations.

The others are not sceneries and can be installed anytime in the order you have described.

With such large installs it would probably be a good idea to shut down and restart between installing each one. They also recommend defrags between installs but I never did.

As Brett says you should be good with the order you posted. ORBX invariably sets itself correctly and I had no problem installing FS Global after the ORBX scenery. Just remember to run AEC in Vectors after you've installed to sort out any elevation issues.

Good luck :thum:

This is quite a timely post... Ive just realised that I still haven't installed Rex Essentials Plus even though I bought it almost a year ago (where did the last 6 months go ????)

One comment about defragging between installs...no need to defrag if you are installing on SSD.

:)

• Like 1

I was reading a post from ORBX and they say that there stuff knows where to go and what order, as for installing I did mine much the same as yours and looks and works fine......

Wayne

You'll find a lot of useful information about the recommended install sequence (and other things) in this official Orbx pdf (although you'll need a login on the Orbx forum to download it):

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=attach§ion=attach&attach_id=19916

Cheers,

bruce

a.k.a. brian747

The only thing I've had an issue with but you don't mention it in your post is the UK2000 Newcastle Extreme airport I have keeps moving around the scenery library. I have to keep moving it above the ORBX scenery as every now and again it drops down the list for some reason.

If my memory serves you have Manchester, so you may have to check that.

I have UK200 for Bristol and Birmingham but I ininstalled and cant remember why, I think it was slowing me down (fps) but I have since upgraded CPU....may reinstall and check it out....

Wayne

Thanks for the info all however after suffering a internal hard drive failure I pulled out the external backup drive only to have that fail as well. :(

Don't tell the Mrs cause the wedding photos were on that as well .

So it looks like for the next couple of weeks I'll be downloading and trying to remember what I need to download :wacko2:.

PS Hlminx nice bike can't go wrong with a Blackbird though the wife said I need to sell mine

Rgds Paul

Thanks for the info all however after suffering a internal hard drive failure I pulled out the external backup drive only to have that fail as well. :(

So the drives definitely failed?

Bad news and very bad luck if you've lost two drives :(