Leg 12 Murcia to Gibraltar

Leg 13 of my trip to no specific place takes us from Murcia Spain to Gibraltar. A 265NM jaunt which sees us reach a cruise altitude of 26,000ft in the MD-80 in SAS livery.

Pilots all ready to go, just waiting for the flight attendant to close those rear air stairs.

01%20Waiting%20for%20airstairs_zpsez5wms

After takeoff, a climbing turn to our course

02%20Climbing%20Turn_zpshj2uuk2s.jpg~ori

Enroute

03%20Enroute_zpsjcl79lfy.jpg~original

Cruising at altitude.  Both I and the first officer are thirsty so I hit the call button to get the flight attendant to bring us a tasty beverage.

04%20Call%20button_zps3ou5rhbi.jpg~origi

Tail view cruising

05%20Tail%20close_zpsgzny8nay.jpg~origin

On final approach to runway 09 @1,260ft alt and 135kts.  Very short runway. Less than 6,000ft.

06%20Final%20short%20runway_zpsjyq9wi2i.

Almost there

07%20Almost%20there_zpshr4uuimx.jpg~orig

Flight complete and parked.  Using the forward air stairs to disembark as we go through the checklists to shut her down for the night. Not sure where we are heading next, but Casablanca is a strong possibility.

08%20Finished_zpsybnqebce.jpg~original

The flight log from Aivlasoft showing block off to block on (engine shutdown) was 1h 10m.  Takeoff to touchdown was 57m/  All times are auto populated by the EFB/  No STAR's or SID's here as I decided to follow the ATC vectors

08%20gibraltar%20flt%20log_zpssrksoyvi.j

• Like 1

Agreed Bruce. It was not the easiest approach and I had begun to wonder whether I had made a poor choice trying to land the MD-80 there. The 737 must have been interesting to land there.

You are correct on runway lwngth Capt. Coffee. It is 5,511ft