Vancouver to Portland

So I decided to switch from Europe over to North America and so I selected a DC-10-30 in Classic Eastern livery to take on a short hop from Vancouver (CYVR) to Portland (KPDX) with my FTX PNW scenery although you don't see much at 21,000ft, our cruising altitude for this short hop. This being an F-Lite offering it does not have the HD textures that my MD-80 does and whil eI may ne spoiled those, I still enjoy flying this one as it is a bit simpler but still lots of great features. One thing that I notice about this plane after spending so much time in the MD-80 lately, is how much easier it is to get this rolling than it is the MD-80.  Even though this weighs over 500,000 LBS fully loaded and the MD-80 is only about 150,000 lbs at MTO, it must be that I have three engines putting out 51,000 lbs of thrust each whereas as the MD-80's engines each put out about 22,000lbs.

Anyway, here we are at Vancouver

01%20at%20Vancouver_zpsjx5wjjpk.jpg~orig

The FMC showing our takeoff V numbers and retraction speeds

03%20FMS%20TO_zpsj53swzjp.jpg~original

Airborne with our gear retracting as the FO has confirmed a positive rate.

04%20Up_zpsrlahqaer.jpg~original

Climbing out and leaving Vancouver behind us.

05%20climbing_zpst1m2d1v3.jpg~original

I just love the classic Eastern livery with that shiny bare metal look.

06%20paint%20scheme_zps3qz7d670.jpg~orig

That may be Mt. St. Helens, not certain

07%20volcano_zpssdw0p4tm.jpg~original

FMC landing specs

08%20FMS%20App_zpsq0gpfxng.jpg~original

At the gate in Portland with the jetway hooked up to this big beauty!

11%20Jetway_zps7m5czqos.jpg~original

Baggage dudes doing their job as the passengers stream off of the plane and rush to the baggage claim area.

12%20Baggage_zpsye5fyura.jpg~original

The FedEx MD-11's fly in and out of Ft. Lauderdale also but only in the dead of night and they close the viewing areas at dusk so I never get to see them other parked at the ramp.

I'm liking that livery as well, a great aircraft with a classic look. :thum: Thanks for the ride along. :)

You would have passed Mt. Rainer along the way too but that looks like Mt. Saint Helen with it's blown out side.