REX Announce New Service Packs

PHOENIX, AZ – REX SIMULATIONS is pleased to announce the release of REX 4 Texture Direct Service Pack 5, REX 4 Texture Direct with Soft Clouds Service Pack 5, and REX Soft Clouds Service Pack 2, and REX 4 Weather Architect Hotfix 1. 

Service Pack 5 includes the following fixes and additions: 

- Ability to install a weather generated theme without the "save" requirement. 

- Upper-atmospheric color blending. 

- Community Theme drop down filter was not showing all lists appropriately. 

- Suneffect.cfg file location updated to proper location during texture injection. 

- Texture options window not saving options when closing REX and restarting. 

- Within the Theme window, the Lightning screen was showing the title of the wrong element. 

- Auto search for main folder location of feature for users of Microsoft Flight Simulator X Steam Edition. 

- Added support for Prepar3D version 3 

Service Pack 2 includes the following fixes and additions: 

- More volumetric representation. 

- Support for search for Microsoft's Flight Simulator X Steam Edition 

- Added support for Prepar3D version 3 

Hotfix 1 includes the following fixes and additions: 

- Added initial check to validate Lockheed Martin’s Prepar3D v3 registry information 

- Added additional fields and functions to support Lockheed Martin’s Prepar3D v3. 

- Updated texture installation process. 

- Added network startup function to prevent auto start of flight simulator. 

- Added weather data export file. 

Additional internal fixes and performance updates were included in each update. 

Users will be prompted to download the new update when they start either REX product, or they may click the “Check for Updates” button. 

Or users may download the latest updates from our support forum located at: http://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com/forums/index.php?/forum/22-fsx-p3d/ 

I have REX Essential + Overdrive.  Can't figure out if any of this applies to me.  Suspect not - I'm a generation behind the products being updated - is that correct?  Cannot come up with a "Check for Updates" option or button anywhere in the application.

Advice appreciated here...

John

On there website they said Overdrive will be done later. I have that to and was wondering if they are trying to get is to fork out for an upgrade instead. Mine works fine as is so its all ok...

Yep - I'm pretty happy with mine as it is - will upgrade if they release one but not champing at the bit.  Their product names tend to confuse me, however, and I wasn't sure if the new SPs were for my stuff or not - didn't think so but wasn't sure.

John

I have Rex4 with soft clouds. When I tried to install the downloaded update it reports that it could not detect any Rex software. I'm also happy with how it runs so will not try to install the update again.

Strange happenings indeed.