Add-On Airports & Texture changes

Hi  wonder if I seek some words of wisdom, I'm using W7 64 32bit  with FS9 & IFly B737NG various & Payware mega airports recently for whatever reason the textures have altered drastically so now the airports have lost all realism resembling cartoon coloured blocks opposed to detailed textured realistic airports.

I've had my computer initialized, new drivers installed I was told my graphics card was appropriate for my needs but nothing seems to restore my textures to those downloaded on airport and aircraft when originally purchased  I would be so grateful for any pointers this has totally spoilt the FS experience.

My specs

Windows 7 ultimate  64 bit  6.1 build 760.1

ASUS

Processor Intel (R) core

BIOS date 04-07-013 version 03.10

15-4670 CPU and 3.40Ghz (4CPUs)  3.46Hz

Memory 16384 Mb Ram

Direct X version  Direct X 11

Display NVDIA GeForce GTX 760

Chip type GeForce GTX 760

Approx total memory 4042Mb

Current display mode 1920x1080 (32bit) 60Hz

Driver

368.22   date  23.5.013

Thank you very much

Richard Coombs

Kind of stabbing in the dark here....

What version of FS?  FSX, Steam Edition, P3D-2, P3D-3...

If FSX, do you have Acceleration installed?

What version of FSUIPC?

Any recent additions of software to your FS installation?

Are the aircraft textures OK?

What traffic or weather add-ons do you have loaded?

One thing you might try is find your FSX.cfg file and hide, rename or simply delete it and run FS again.  FS will rebuild that file if it can't find it and that may help.

There are a lot of people here a lot smarter than me, I just happen to be the one who's still awake this time of night.  I'm sure some decent advice will be forthcoming.

John

Hi Constantine,

Im sure we have all been in the situation you find yourself in at some point in our flight sim years, so I hope we can sort this problem for you.

Adding to What John has already asked, when did this first happen? 

What was the last piece of software you installed that may have caused this? 

I would also take the advice gives you regarding your fsx.cfg file.  If you just rename it adding .OLD to the end of the file name.

If it's a different sim you are using you will need to find that Sims' .cfg file and do the same with that. 

Good luck and lease report back to us with your findings.

Brian

Hi  John & Brain

Thank you, as mentioned i'm using FS9  which is FS2004 with Ifly 737NG  I had the Computer Initialized which cleans the computer and takes it back to when the problem began which for me was end of April, but this did not rectify the problem,  the only thing I can remember which might have sparked this problem was when I tried to download liveries from the Flight 1 Library for the 737NG . Regarding the aircraft it seems okay to be honest its been so long i've forgotten how that originally looked.

but the add-ons are strickingly different.  Add-Ons i only use the REX Real Environment Extreme for 2004 weather add-on. I have tried adjusting resolutions/colours etc  on screen and windows 7 and checked i am using 32bit tried unistalling & reinstalling but still the airports look ridiculous and before the initalization everything was way too bright including the FS2004 start-up menus, this isn't as bad now but the textures as mentioned are terrible, i'm really at a loss what to do.

Many thanks again

Richard

It doesn't take much to corrupt the files in MSFS anything, just letting some addon overwrite files will do it.

You can try a delete/reinstall again but need to make sure all folders and files are totally gone for not only fs9 but for all addons too.

You can also try another route if you have the room on your PC, install a fresh copy of fs9 on the computer but this time rename it to something like FS9_CleanInstall. Then download/ a copy of Google WinMerge(a program that allows folder and file comparisons) and compare all the texture files form the existing install and the virgin install and copy/paste the clean install files over to the existing version that do not compare correctly. It will take a bit of detective work but it all I can think of.

Of course first wait and see if the folks here come up with maybe a simpler fix.:)

Just one more note Constantine, could you possibly post a couple of screen shots for us to look at?

This will give us an idea of what you are seeing on screen.

cheers.

Hi Again,

Whilst you are in flight, press the 'V' key, this will place a screenshot into your Pictures folder on your C: drive. 

It will be in My Pictures\FS9. 

Add a post to this thread and click on the 'Click to choose files' link at the bottom of your post and find the picture you want to upload. 

This should place a picture in your post.

If this does not work because the file is too large, set up an account for FS Snaps, which you will find a link to on the right hand panel of Mutley's Hangar main page. This is free to do. 

Once you have an account set up, click on the 'How to' tab at the top right of the FS Snaps page. This will explain how to upload and use a picture.

Good luck, let us know how you get on.

14thJuly2016Pic3MegaAirportHeathrow.jpg14thJuly2016Pic1MegaAirportFrankfurt.jpg14thJuly2016Pic4MegaAirportParisCharlesD14thJuly2016Pic5MegaAirportParisCharlesD14thJuly2016Pic7MegaAirportMunich.jpg14thJuly2016Pic8MegaAirportFrankfurtRwy214thJuly2016Pic6MegaAirportBarcelona.jpg14thJuly2016Pic2MegaAirportBarcelona.jpg14thJuly2016Pic9MegaAirportHeathrow.jpg    Hello Brian sorry for the late reply these are the sad lifeless images taken from Mega Airports Barcelona, Heathrow, Munich, Charles de Gaulle, of course I can alter the colour brightness, contrast, etc; from my NVDIA settings panel but nothing restores the realistic appearance of the original download and as you can see they are nothing resembling what the Mega Airports should look like just lifeless blocks.

My current NVDIA setting Panel settings panel are as follows

1024 x768  Refresh 70hz  desktop color depth highest 32 bit, output color format RGB, Output color depth 8bpc, Output dynamic range Full.  I hope this will shed some light, and I would be extremely grateful for your impressions. Also the NVDIA resolutions are matched to the resolution setting in the FS9 Display-Hardware setting.

Thank you once more, if all else fails the number of a good Exorcist would be most appreciated

Best Wishes

Richard

Hey Richard,

I must apologise for this extremely late reply, I'm not normally so late at replying, apologies.

I'm glad you managed to post the pics.

What are your settings in the Display section of FS9?

Is there any room left to increase your settings?

This is quite puzzling and I'm all too aware how frustrating this is for you and a number of other guys. 

Have you sent pics to the relevant support forums of the scenery you have? It might be worth getting their view also.

I don't have FS9 but I assume the Display settings are similar, so start tweaking these settings. I'm also assuming you may have already tried that, I'm just stabbing in the dark. 

Im sorry I can't add more to this problem, I'll try and rally some more of the members to give their opinions and maybe someone has had the same anomalies and can offer some help.

Hang in there, hopefully we will get it sorted somehow.

Apologies once again for not replying sooner.

Brian

This looks like a resolution issue to me because, as Tim says this is what I remember FS9 looking like.

Some things to check are:

• The screen resolution
  • The resolution of the FS files being used by the sim
  • Make sure that windows isn't dumbing its self down for some reason.

Sometimes windows will revert to its basic level of graphic display if it gets confused by something it is trying to display, conflicting resolutions can be a problem.

I hope this helps.

JG

On 2016年7月14日 at 23:05, Constantine said:

14thJuly2016Pic3MegaAirportHeathrow.jpg14thJuly2016Pic1MegaAirportFrankfurt.jpg14thJuly2016Pic4MegaAirportParisCharlesD14thJuly2016Pic5MegaAirportParisCharlesD14thJuly2016Pic7MegaAirportMunich.jpg14thJuly2016Pic8MegaAirportFrankfurtRwy214thJuly2016Pic6MegaAirportBarcelona.jpg14thJuly2016Pic2MegaAirportBarcelona.jpg14thJuly2016Pic9MegaAirportHeathrow.jpg    Hello Brian sorry for the late reply these are the sad lifeless images taken from Mega Airports Barcelona, Heathrow, Munich, Charles de Gaulle, of course I can alter the colour brightness, contrast, etc; from my NVDIA settings panel but nothing restores the realistic appearance of the original download and as you can see they are nothing resembling what the Mega Airports should look like just lifeless blocks.

My current NVDIA setting Panel settings panel are as follows

1024 x768  Refresh 70hz  desktop color depth highest 32 bit, output color format RGB, Output color depth 8bpc, Output dynamic range Full.  I hope this will shed some light, and I would be extremely grateful for your impressions. Also the NVDIA resolutions are matched to the resolution setting in the FS9 Display-Hardware setting.

Thank you once more, if all else fails the number of a good Exorcist would be most appreciated

Best Wishes

Richard

Hi thank you very much, that's food for thought, I know when I used FSX I would get messages from Windows saying there was a compatability problem and that Windows was reverting to a basic colour but adjusting the Aero theme setting was not advised to rectify this, anyway I don't get such messages with the FS9. Looking at the Screen shots  the Airport scenery resembles the default fs2004 Airports but they are not these are the Mega Airports from Aerosoft Fly Tampa etc and when purchased were highly detailed and realistic, and as you can see they now look nothing like those Airports for which we splash the cash.

I have tried all the resolution tweaks in FS9 and using my NVDIA Control panel I can alter colour resolution etc; but can't restore that realism my airports looking like lifeless block cartoons.

John have you altered the Windows graphics in the past? and if so could you tell me where  and how you  did that please.

Anyway chaps thank you for all your kind support

Best wishes

Richard

It sounds like you have had the issue that I was thinking of with FSX so if it doesnt happen with FS9 then it's not that.

Have a read of this article:

http://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com/forums/index.php?/topic/16095-fs9-settings-addons-that-give-the-best-results/

Don't forget to note down/backup your original settings first!

JG. 

Hi John

Thank you once again, yes I read this article previously and made some adjustments, I have REX Extreme Environment and don't really have any problem with the FS9 ground scenery, for me it is the loss of my photoreal Airport scenery buildings etc; for the Mega Airports, really can't understand why they have now lost all realism.

With FSX i was having loss of scenery problems parts of the aircraft frame would vanish and countless other issues whenever I tried to make any adjustments using the dropdown menu to alter weather or gate so abandoned FSX and PMDG NGX and returned to FS9 with Ifly 737NG

Many thanks again John!

Richard