Some general pointers since I have no idea what kind of add-ons you're running

Dial down your graphics- and Auto-gen  settings.. Depending on where you fly start with the water complexity, that apparently eats memory based on previous personal experience..

And if you are using REX textures for your clouds re-render your theme with a lower resolution..

• Like 1
3 hours ago, stu7708 said:

Some general pointers since I have no idea what kind of add-ons you're running

Dial down your graphics- and Auto-gen  settings.. Depending on where you fly start with the water complexity, that apparently eats memory based on previous personal experience..

am

And if you are using REX textures for your clouds re-render your theme with a lower resolution..

and how would I do that Mikael I am using Rex4 and ASN. I have been told that Heathrow, which I use Is a big VAS user, do you know how I can turn it down 

best

Fintan

1 hour ago, FSX Mad said:

Heathrow

No doubt more is involved than simply the location... But I think we can all see now at least "where your problem" lies...

Flying in Notorious areas like Heathrow and San Francisco... One of my local issues... Requires a bit of slider adjusting to make it work. Especially on a pokey or, getting slower machine.

If you are using Payware scenery in the Heathrow area, whose is it...? Maybe someone using it can give you specific advice on how to dump the scenery down. I don't have it so cant advise secifically...so Please be as specific as possible what you are using in terms of add-ons; scenery, and aircraft... what your system specs look like, any details that can help people find or suggest a solution for you can only help.

Edited by Captain Coffee

a big thing for OOM's is the type of AC as well as going into somewhere like Heathrow...I have had them in the past but only in the Bus... I use 2 different groups of settings depending on what I fly...but like the others have said please give us more details so we can help.....

To echo what Matt said, Heathrow and the London area are notorious for OOMs even in default scenery, and with an add-on airport on top of that you really need to juggle those FSX-settings to find the sweet spot. On the positive side that area was where I found adjusting the water complexity down a notch or two helped alot with memory usage, although that was with FTX England installed. But it might be worth a try.

And, as Matt also said, details are essential when asking for support. Without enough to go on those trying to provide an answer can only throw out guesses really... hopefully educated guesses, but still ;)

As for adjusting the resolution of your REX clouds, it's done via the settings somewhere inside the piece of software installed by REX. Unfortunately I'm not on my FSX computer at the moment, and won't be again until after the weekend, so I can't be more specific than that. But what you should be looking for are settings that I think are set to the option 4096x4096 pixels in the default settings. Try lowering those to 2048x2048 pixels to start with, and if that doesn't help lower them down to 1024x1024 pixels.

Just remember to re-render your cloud theme after doing the changes.

You could also try to lower the rendering distance for the weather in the settings for ASN, fewer clouds rendered means less VAS usage.

As I don't know exactly which Heathrow scenery you are using, and since I don't have an add-on scenery installed for that airport, I sadly can't offer any insights to how you can lower the VAS usage for the scenery you have.

One optional route to go when flying at large airports is to lower the amount of AI traffic, either in the settings in FSX or in any AI add-on you are using.