Flight1 Press Release - Ultimate Traffic II Preview

From the offices of flight1 software..

Preview - Ultimate Traffic II by Flight One Software

Flight One Software is excited to preview user interface pictures of our upcoming Ultimate Traffic II product, as well as to provide a free Ultimate Traffic II Traffic Viewer utility that you can download to get a touch of what Ultimate Traffic II is all about.

Ultimate Traffic II is the next-generation version of Flight1's popular air traffic simulator for Flight Simulator. This version will be for FSX, and will provide real-world airline traffic schedules that will be followed by the AI traffic in FSX. We wanted to give you a little preview of the upcoming product interface. Please note that these are beta pictures, and things can change between now and release. We can say that UTII has been in beta testing for some weeks now.

Preview_1.jpg

The startup screen with traffic stats. Note the traffic statistics in our database using real airline schedules.

Preview_2.jpg

The Ultimate Traffic II Status Board.

Preview_3.jpg

Some of the options you can assign to AI aircraft.

Preview_4.jpg

One of the live animated traffic maps (note that this map is reduced in size to fit this web page). Different airlines can be highlighted with different colours. What you see here will be close to what you see in FSX.

Want to see more? Download the Ultimate Traffic II Traffic Viewer tool. This tool is free, and it loads special files that show you traffic snapshots. It shows you the state of the traffic that you will likely see in FSX (depending on how you adjust the traffic density settings).

To use this tool, you will need the Microsoft .NET 3.5 Framework installed. You can get this through Windows Update, or you may click this link to download the .NET 3.5 Framework directly. After downloading the tool below, simply unzip all files into a folder on your computer, load the UT2Preview.exe program, and browse to the .UTI files included in the zip file (12 traffic snapshots are included). Make sure you mouse over the aircraft to get flight information.

preview.jpg

Click Here to Download (56MB)

Ultimate Traffic II is developed and published by Flight One Software, working in partnership with Flag Mountain Software. Flight One and Flag Mountain are working to make this the most intriguing and exciting traffic product released for Flight Simulator.

Cheers

I'm not sure the answer to that one Steve. I had the original UT before Traffic2004 came along and one of the main complaints from me was there was never enough traffic.

Worth keeping an eye on.

Cheers

I used traffic from just flight when i first got back into FS about a couple of years ago now which was good but poor models. I switched to WOAI which was really good models but many airliners not represented and takes some time individually installing each. I cant bring myself to re installl them all since new PC so have been waiting for traffic X but UTX has thrown a spanner in as not sure which will be better. The thing is with me is real scheduels im not bothered about nor wathcing the traffic. All i want is a sense of being there while sat in my pit. So basically good models acting accordingly at gates and while they taxi. So anyhoo, i'll wait for UTX and see what gets the best reviews :thum:

steve