Transferring trips to FSX

Having posted on Plan G, and having had plenty of viewers but no advice, here I am again requesting help.

So...I create a trip on Plan G then go to 'File' and save it as a 'Plan G file'. Then using 'Export' I send it to FSX but it doesn't appear there when I click through 'Free Flight', 'Flight Planner' and 'Load'. 

Earlier attempts have worked without a hitch but during the last few days I've had a success. 

Your thoughts, gentle folk?

I am sure that plan-g saves to a folder on your OS drive.. Where you would find docs and pictures.. In FSX go to free flight and on planning there should be a browse option.. Search for the plan-g folder and your plan should be there... 

Away from PC but pretty sure that's where they go.. Apologies if I am wrong.. 

Wayne 

Hi, Paul. 

When I click 'Export' then I need to select the 'FSX' choice. Otherwise it's 'FS9' etc. I'll. check your suggestion, Wayne. 

If there's one good thing about coming to the Hangar, it's that one always gets help.

your set up may be different, I have windoze 10 and when I click FSX export in Plan-g it gets saved to a folder in Onedrive called Documents, in there is a plan-g folder and that is where mine gets saved... you may have a set up that saves to a folder you get to by clicking documents elsewhere..

I load up FSX then go into flightplanner, then click load, that then lets me browse to my ONE DRIVE/DOCUMENTS/PLAN-G FOLDER, click on the plan and its in FSX...

there may be easier ways but thats how I do it....I didnt chose to install to one drive but it is linked to my other saves like ATS / ETS2 / FSX / A2A /AEROSOFT etc....

This 'One Drive' is new to me but I'll take a look at it.

My OS is Win 10 Pro and, in the recent past, I have been able to work through this creation of a flight route on Plan G and its transfer to FSX:SE without any problem. Suddenly the problem has appeared. I'm thinking of blaming it on Trump.

• Like 1

Hi James, if I remember correctly you have FSX SE? If so, the default flight plan directory is C:\Users\YOURNAME\Documents\Flight Simulator X - Steam Edition Files

Or, for the boxed version, it would be C:\Users\YOURNAME\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files

However, you can export from Plan-G to any folder on your PC so take note what Plan-G offers when exporting and load into FSX from that same folder.

Joe :hat:

No matter where you save it if you want to see it in the FS planner you need to save it as a .PLN file and not a .PLG file. You can do this in the save popup by clinking on the extention line and then clinking on .pln on the dropdown list.

Well that didn't work, Brett. However I was at fault for if I'd  clicked on 'Open' whilst in Plan G then trips I had planned were all listed therein. 

I do enjoy starting the day with a solution. 

I hope that that your day goes at least as well. 

Brett, that Confucius fellow was a wise old man indeed. Very inscrutable these Chinese. 

• Like 1